Front Bumper with 2" receiver for 2011 JK?

Bandit9

Observer
I'm looking for a front bumper for my Jeep that has a 2" receiver. I want to be able to put a winch on the front or rear. I also want to move the winch b/t the Jeep and my Tundra. I found the Ranch Hand brand. Are there any others?

Anything to be aware of with this set up? Any advice?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: X2 on the Olympic "530" series, I've had one on mine for over 5 years--good stuff-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Bandit9

Observer
Yes the Olympic stuff looks good.

Does the winch stick out any further mounted in the receiver than if it was mounted in a regular fashion?

aluke0510

Adventurer
Yes the Olympic stuff looks good.

Does the winch stick out any further mounted in the receiver than if it was mounted in a regular fashion?

Yep, by about a foot. You aren't thinking of driving with it there for much are you, better to store it inside the vehicle? Big advantage is you can mount it front or back like you mention assuming you run the wires. Also can leave it at home when not needed as it is excessive weight... Disadvantage is it is recommended to keep it to quite straight and perpendicular (to the bumper) pulls. Side pulls is a lot different stress on the hitch and winch mount.

I think it is a great option that is often overlooked though.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I can mount my "mobile winch" on my jeep front/rear bumper and my trailer front/rear hitch--super mobile !

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

Bandit9

Observer
Sorry for late response. For some reason I can't get email notifications when someone replies to my thread.

As far as the winch, I'm having second thoughts about using a hitch mounted winch. I need it to ride on the front. My Jeep is a 2dr and space is hard to come by. I don't have room to store a winch mounted on a hitch inside. I'm concerned about how much lower and farther out it will be. I will have a Hi Lift Jack with me to assist with the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad