Front Runner Wind Cheetah Roof Rack for Land Rover Defender 90

Manimal

Up for sale is a Front Runner Wind Cheetah Slimline roof rack in excellent condition. Its a lightweight powder coated high grade aluminum rack for a Land Rover Defender 90. Please note that this is the gutter mount version which may have compatibility issues if your Defender has a roll cage. If you have a roll cage I can share a solution for this so please ask. This Front Runner Wind Cheetah Slimline rack was made in South Africa. They are very lightweight at only 69lbs (complete), very low profile and will never rust. Additionally these racks have mounting slots in the slats and Front Runner offers a myriad of accessories that can attach to the slots on on the rack. The size is 76.0625" long x 55.1666" wide and the feet are 8.625" tall. The legs are 8.86" and the rack sits 1.98"above the legs, a total height of 10.83". It sits about 1" above the main roof line on a D90.

The rack comes with wind deflectors (not pictured) and two additional spot light mounting brackets that were purchased separately as well as the original 6 gutter mounted feet. The only sign of visible wear are areas where the powder coat has flaked off due to accessories being mounted to the rack. This is cosmetic only and has been fixed with a light dustings of black enamel paint. Otherwise there are no major scratches, dents or blemishes. Local pick up in Portland, OR preferred but I am willing to ship at buyers expense. Buyer pays packaging and shipping. The rack retails new for $994. I'm looking for $800. With the spot brackets included ($55 value) this sale offers a $250 saving over retail.

IMG_5706.jpgIMG_5648.jpgIMG_5663.jpgIMG_5650.jpg

Last edited:

Manimal

Front Runner Wind Cheetah D90 Roof Rack $750

Price dropped to $750.

Attachments

• P1030414.jpg
    P1030414.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 385
  • P1030418.jpg
    P1030418.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 832
  • P1030419.jpg
    P1030419.jpg
    620 KB · Views: 507
  • P1030422.jpg
    P1030422.jpg
    622.8 KB · Views: 393
  • P1030423.jpg
    P1030423.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 287

Manimal

Jason is right. It's the cats pajamas. Best rack in my humble opinion. In fact, I am replacing it with another Front Runner Rack. The best part about this one is that it is all welded as one piece so it is extremely solid. The new one I got is assembled like a piece of IKEA furniture. I'm hoping that the new one is as good as the one I'm selling. These don't come of for resale that often so don't miss out!

AlexSaru

Front Runner is a very sturdy roof rack. Look at the brackets. They are a single forged block. That's the difference between heavy duty expedition roof racks and the wannabes.
You have very good price on that one. Too bad that shipping to me (Eastern-Europe) would triple the price by volume and distance.
Good Luck.

Ramjet

Explorer
Jason is right. It's the cats pajamas. Best rack in my humble opinion. In fact, I am replacing it with another Front Runner Rack. The best part about this one is that it is all welded as one piece so it is extremely solid. The new one I got is assembled like a piece of IKEA furniture. I'm hoping that the new one is as good as the one I'm selling. These don't come of for resale that often so don't miss out!

Take you time putting the new one together. Leave everything very loose until the last bolt and nut are in. I had a couple of nuts strip fairly easily. Make sure you have the right Allen wrench as well. The bolts are not the best and I had to replace some due to them stripping. I'm not disappointed in the rack at all just some of the bolts and nuts. They could surely upgrade them to better quality considering the price. 2cents

Manimal

Same here. I stripped two bolts when installing as they were not seated correctly. I also had the corner bolts rust in about a week. FR said it was a bad batch and sent replacements.

Manimal

Bump! The Front Runner rack is still available. $750 in excellent condition with extra spot light brackets.

DividingCreek

Explorer
FWIW I have a wind cheatah for my 130 double cab and I bought it in a deal that included an ARB simpson rtt. The rack came with none of the gutter clamps or hardware. I called the lady who is Front Runner USA and she said the stuff was very expensive so she put out the word within the FR dealer network looking for used hard ware and found it in Belgium for free, all I had to do was pay airfreight. Outstanding organization and product. While I don't use my rack much and have taken it off the truck, in favor of a camping trailer, I'm not parting with it.

Bump for Carls rack

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman