Fuel Pump

womerd

I need to replace a fuel pump in my 2002 Tacoma (double cab v6). Any advice on which one to get (brand etc). There seem to be a lot of after market fuel pumps but in an overland vechicle I am more interested in quality vs saving a few dollars.
There are seem to be a bunch that claim universal fit.... can that be right or a good idea?

Last edited:

smokeysevin

Re-redoing things the third time
Walbro GSS 342 or AEM 340 would be my picks. Cheap (ish), drops (mostly) into stock holster, reliable and good output.

Get the install kit with the new sock and pigtail and replace the fuel line (if needed) with a quality submersible gates hose.

Do whatever you can to make sure you get a real one, don't go though amazon. Counterfeiters are going crazy with stuff right now.

Sean

plh

Explorer
I need to replace a fuel pump in my 2002 Tacoma (double cab v6). Any advice on which one to get (brand etc). There seem to be a lot of after market fuel pumps but in an overland vechicle I am more interested in quality vs saving a few dollars.
There are seem to be a bunch that claim universal fit.... can that be right or a good idea?

Denso (OEM Supplier to Toyota) - available on RockAuto.com

Last edited:

lugueto

Adventurer
Walbro GSS 342 or AEM 340 would be my picks. Cheap (ish), drops (mostly) into stock holster, reliable and good output.

Get the install kit with the new sock and pigtail and replace the fuel line (if needed) with a quality submersible gates hose.

Do whatever you can to make sure you get a real one, don't go though amazon. Counterfeiters are going crazy with stuff right now.

Sean

Where would you recommend buying then? Any reputable site?

Is the Tacoma pump the same as the 4th gen 4Runner by chance?

smokeysevin

Re-redoing things the third time
Where would you recommend buying then? Any reputable site?

Is the Tacoma pump the same as the 4th gen 4Runner by chance?
Can't say for certain on the tank pickup swapping. As for suppliers, aem sells direct iirc, walbro, jegs, summit racing or similar would be a good source imo.

Sean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3