FWC Keystone help/advice

Afdfiremedic

Hello everyone, I have an appointment to meet the owner of this FWC Keystone and am curious if you guys think this is a decent deal? It would be going on my 2002 Dodge 2500 CTD long bed. I found the sellers build thread on wander the west, and it looks like he did a nice fab job on the floor. This will be my first camper, and will be used for expedition/camping trips for my wife, our dog, and myself. I know that the FWC are pretty highly regarded but I could really use some input from you guys. Thanks in advance.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/rvs/4229861283.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rayct77

Observer
I don't think you could go wrong if it is turn key like the add says. Looks like it's mounted on a Dodge that is the same generation that you have so the fit should be good. I would think you would never lose money on it, even if you kept it for several years and decided to upgrade. Just make sure to check for leaks in proper places.

Good Luck!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
A FWC is like a classic car. The bones will always be sound. Anything that might go wrong you can restore or replace. That is one of the benefits, they are still being made and the staff there is very helpful if you need assistance. Stan is on this site answering questions all the time. I have an '88 Keystone that has seen many miles in Baja with the previous owner and it is still going strong.

W

Wandering Sagebrush

Afdfiremedic

I'm only waiting until the owner gets back to town. I have cash in hand and have an appointment set for the day he gets home. Thanks again for the input fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayct77

Observer
I would assume FWC will still service these and would be able to replace the fabric if need be. But I've assumed a lot of things :) Maybe Stan will chime in on this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77