Gen3 Level ride height with OME medium springs?

mbialick

Hello guys, I'm going to be purchasing new suspension soon and just wanted to know if with medium OME springs F/R and fresh Bilsteins on my 2003, will I have a level ride height or a higher rear? I'm generally only loaded with one other person, a few bikes, and sometimes camping gear. I really don't like the raked look so I'm thinking if is, I'll do a mini spacer lift up front to balance it out.

Side note:
Also saw that recently Dobinson suspension kits were available online, I've seen mixed reviews on the AU forums.
https://www.amazon.com/Dobinsons-Mi...o+lift+kit&qid=1548180619&sr=8-28-spons&psc=1

mitsuman

I have OME medium springs F/R and the stance is very level. Their springs seem to give about an equal amount of lift both front and rear. I'm very happy with the ride, whether loaded down with kayaks, camping gear and family, or completely empty.
IMG_7151.JPG

mitsuman

No, I'm not running any spacers. The lower plastic moldings have been removed and it gives the illusion that the wheels set farther out.IMG_1467.JPG

ChrisCosta416

For a level lift go with OME medium duty struts and shocks and OME light duty coils for the front and medium duty coils for the rear. That will give it a level look and not sag when loaded with camping gear. As far as dobinsons I would stay clear, I heard to many stories of the shocks leaking (at least from the MRR versions)

ChrisCosta416

For the front they have 2 options "stock/light load" part number 2914 and "heavy load" part number 2915

I pulled this from the ARB catalog

pajero.PNG

mbialick

For the front they have 2 options "stock/light load" part number 2914 and "heavy load" part number 2915

I pulled this from the ARB catalog

View attachment 496236
Thank you! also didn't know there was a standard load option up front. Are you running standard load with the mediums in the rear? Does it feel balanced? I'm thinking SL front and medium rear springs with Bilsteins, but you've also gotten me interested in the Koni Raids.

ChrisCosta416

I am currently running light stock coils in the front and medium in the rears. My shocks are all medium load in the rear and heavy load in the front. I have an ARB bumper and will soon be running heady load springs to compensate for the weight. I will have the KONI raids in a few months. I am working out a way to find a distributor and I have a friend helping.

plh

Explorer
I'm pretty sure that the OME 2914 is a bit higher spring rate than stock. They way OME lists that info for the front springs means no additional weight in the front from stock - ie no winch & steel bumper.

According to the FSM, stock spring wire diameter is 16.4mm (Limited) and free length of 327mm. Whereas the OME 2914 front spring is 18mm diameter wire and 330mm free length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater