GM fullsize AWD Van Info thread

skibum148

Has anyone figured out how to fully disable traction control? mine turns back on at 20mph wheel speed, I cant stand that, just let me drive without all the nanny's.

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
Has anyone figured out how to fully disable traction control? mine turns back on at 20mph wheel speed, I cant stand that, just let me drive without all the nanny's.

My van does not have the stabilitrak, but on my work truck if I hold down the traction control off button for 20 seconds another light turns on the dash and it seems to stay off.

Demp223

Just introducing myself.
Recently purchased a very nice used 2012 Chevy AWD cargo for my business.
She's got 140k miles but never wrecked or so much as dented. The original brakes and rotors are still at 80% frt and 90% rear. This things been a highway runner, runs flawless and not a leak anywhere. Came out of AZ so not a spot of rust either.
Changed out all fluids and basic engine tune up, plugs,wires, belt. Couldn't be happier with this gem.
I already can't wait for the next handful of years to go by so I can retire it from work use and set it up for remote camp/hunting use. There are spots where trailer and Dually combo can't get into or out of especially when the mud gets to snotty. This will fill that roll perfect.
Lots of great builds and info here from fellow owners.
For now I've installed my cargo partition, shelving, second battery and inverter, tool box and glass rack. Decals and lower paint band next month. Pioneer stereo, amp, speakers and third brake light camera will go in next week. I'll post up info.
I'm sticking with stock 245/70/17 tires for now as they are new and I have the 3.42 axles with G80 per RPO. I'll probably go to 265/70/17 on 17x9's once these wear out for a bit more footprint.
In meantime it's nice being able to get to any customer regardless of the driveway snow load.
Love having an AWD full size van.
Photoshop version of vinyl letter decals and paint band to be done next month. Going to black out stock wheels with studded snow tires and get some nicer rims for summer treads.
Dennis

Attachments

• IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

dleeallen

Adventurer
What is everyone using for a phone mount? I want something to hold an iPhone so it isn't just stuck in a cup holder. Considering a ProClip or similar.

riNR

Observer
What is everyone using for a phone mount? I want something to hold an iPhone so it isn't just stuck in a cup holder. Considering a ProClip or similar.

I'm using Lifeproof case on my Iphone 6 and the magnetic twist mount system. I also built an aluminum bracket to hold it out from the dashboard for easy access for GPS use.
https://www.lifeproof.com/

I got my son one of these for Christmas and it's super slick too.
http://www.blueshop.ca/nite-ize-ste...mpaign=store&gclid=CJO__PDhy9ECFZY1aQod4tYH5w

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer

I been using proclip mounts in my van. I am very pleased with it. I can upload a photo of mine when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drsmonkey

Observer
My 2009 has it.

My 2008 Cargo does not have Stabilitrac. Not that anyone asked, but I don't miss it one bit. I also regularly drive vans with, and compared to the Toyota and Subaru systems it is extremely slow to react to changes in traction. I prefer predictable, controllable wheel slip over Stabilitrac. It seems to kick in a full second late, and turn off 3 seconds after you don't need it.

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
I have a quick question:

I'm about to buy my tires for my van and after reading many post and reviews it looks like the 2 tires I'm leaning on are the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 265/70/17 or the BFG K02's . There is a price difference between the both of them with a discount from a friend. The Duratracs are $750 for 4 tires and the K02's are $825.

I do take this van to the beach , but in order to take it there I drive about an hour down the highway each way. I'm trying to think what would be a better option for me. NOTE I DO NOT OFF-ROAD THIS VAN. Any opinions would be appreciated !

Mcarpenito89

Adventurer
I have the duratracs and love them. Nice ride, good life and amazing traction. They grip in snow like no other tire

How many miles have to put on them so far ? I'm not worried about snow , because New Jersey doesn't get much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL