Goodyear Authority AT

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I figured I'd start a specific thread to discuss this WalMart specific tire made by Goodyear. From first glance it seems like a nice tire and I even like the looks more than the Duratrac. Sadly, the sizes are quite limited.

I borrowed these images from a post I found on the ROF.

2e1g6y1.jpg

2009-05-15161222.jpg

2009-05-15161231.jpg

2009-05-15161237.jpg

2009-05-15161250.jpg

20jla46.jpg

soonenough

Explorer
Wow, that's a pretty nice-looking tire. I'm gonna need some new 265/75/16's pretty soon, and this looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with them? I looked on Walmart.com and couldn't find them (maybe because of my zip code), and there wasn't any info on Goodyear's website either. That's pretty aggressive-looking for an AT.

Off topic, but they do look similar to the DuraTrac; that looks like a decent tire as well. It's listed as new on their website; is that considered an AT or an MT?

The tread pattern kinda reminds me of the Toyo MT's (thanks to eXpeditionXterra for the pic)

rooftent.jpg

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I did not notice any of the sizes in particular, just that they did not have anything around 33". Of course I'd love to see these in a 255/85R16. :)

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
I'm not a Wal Mart fan but found myself there today and looked at one of these tires on display. It is a very nice looking tread pattern in person as well. As noted, the sizes are very limited.

Ric

Adventurer
I havent stepped foot in a walmart in 4 years, IMHO everything they sell is of lower quailty, no matter what brand name it is. looks like GY is hurting, and trying to get some sales, lol. It is a good looking tire.

Layonnn

Adventurer
I havent stepped foot in a walmart in 4 years, IMHO everything they sell is of lower quailty, no matter what brand name it is. looks like GY is hurting, and trying to get some sales, lol. It is a good looking tire.

??? Everything? So the 12 pack of coke i buy there is different than the one from the gas station?

Silver dude

Xplorer
Yeah very limited sizes. From what I heard the tire doesn't come in sizes larger then a 31-10.50-15 if your looking for 15" rim sizes.

I do love the look of them though. At first glance at Walmart I fell in love. Then I learned about the cheezy tiny sizes. I really is a shame though. I do like what Good year is doing though with the Duratracs.

I'd like to see these types of tires be labeled X/T's, Cross terrains.

I could rant how 33-10.50-15's are not offered by any other brand but thats for a different thread.

jim65wagon

They are listed as an AT tread, but they do look a little on the MT side don't they? Nice looking tire, feels like a good tire should (heavy) and if they had a 255/85 I'd have to try them out!

Sizes available:
31x10.50r15 C $130

LT225/75r16 E $145
LT235/85r16 E $150
LT245/75r16 E $150
LT265/75r16 C $160
LT265/75r16 E $165

LT245/75r17 E $170
LT265/70r17 C $175
LT265/70r17 E $185

of course if you don't like these; you can walk into any WalMart and special order any Goodyear, BFG, Continental, Uniroyal, Michelin or a few other brands I can't remember. And, yes that includes the new Kevlar MTRs or the BFG KM2s!

Ric

Adventurer
??? Everything? So the 12 pack of coke i buy there is different than the one from the gas station?

lol, ok maybe not "everything" :rolleyes:

Sorry to the OP for getting off topic.. They are nice looking tires..

Last edited:
of course if you don't like these; you can walk into any WalMart and special order any Goodyear, BFG, Continental, Uniroyal, Michelin or a few other brands I can't remember. And, yes that includes the new Kevlar MTRs or the BFG KM2s!

I went to our Wal-mart a few weeks ago to ask about getting a set of BFG KM2s. The guy said they couldn't get them. I will have to goback and ask someone else.

...and these new tires do look nice....MT's with siping.

jim65wagon

Yeah, if you talk to someone who says they can't order them, find someone else or go to another store. They can order them in for you. Sometimes there is a big book of tires near the tire display area. It shows all the tires available to order, find it, pick it up, and show the man. The company is not known for placing car guys in the auto section, (or fisherman/hunters in sporting goods) so if you can find a guy that's up on his info you'll be good to go. Good luck!

samabhi125

Wow, that's a pretty nice-looking tire. I'm gonna need some new 265/75/16's pretty soon, and this looks interesting. Anyone have any experience with them? I looked on Walmart.com and couldn't find them (maybe because of my zip code), and there wasn't any info on Goodyear's website either. That's pretty aggressive-looking for an AT.

Off topic, but they do look similar to the DuraTrac; that looks like a decent tire as well. It's listed as new on their website; is that considered an AT or an MT?

The tread pattern kinda reminds me of the Toyo MT's (thanks to eXpeditionXterra for the pic)

rooftent.jpg

These tires are really great. How much they cost?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal