GPS software for Tough Book ...off highway

rtreads

What doftware would you recomend for use in a tough book. A cf-18 to be exact. For use with factory GPS. I would like to mount my cf-18 in my early bronco with a nice off highway GPS program. I like the idea of just being able to "GO". I would also like to use it to put together multi day wheeling trips and have it all planned out before we leave.

Thanks for the input!

profire

I just purchased Overland Navigator and I like it for it's simplicity. Not very feature laden but perfect for what I really need. It is also touch screen compatible , I think which should work great on your CF-18.

Good luck

rtreads

I just purchased Overland Navigator and I like it for it's simplicity. Not very feature laden but perfect for what I really need. It is also touch screen compatible , I think which should work great on your CF-18.

Good luck

How well does it show existing tails? Does it show most of them? what about the little side trails? I really want something that will give me TOPO and a detailed pic of what my options are. Does Overland Navigator do a good job of this?

THANKS FOR THE INPUT!!

thegris

Does Overland Navigator support third party maps? I have already sourced maps and am curious if I could load them into Overland Navigator.

craig

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Nope, not currently. We can create custom mapsets for fleet usage though.

The maps in Overland Navigator have all been reprojected into a common map projection so that they can be tiled together as one giant seamless map. They've also been compressed so they take up less than 1/5th the space of off the shelf USGS maps, and indexed with a high performance spatial index so they can be retrieved as fast as possible.

From a user pespective this improves performance, and makes it so you never have to select which map to load when you reach the edge of a map. It just looks like one giant seamless map. It also means that it automatically switches between different map series depending on how zoomed in or out you are. The goal being to keep the software as simple as possible to use by just doing what you'd naturally want to do anyway.

Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk