HAM Operators- Post up here

Lutzy48

New Callsign..

Since I upgraded to Extra last month I applied for my vanity callsign and received it last week. KB1TQL is now AE1NH

7wt

Expedition Leader
How long did you have to wait for your vanity call sign? I applied on April 8th and still waiting.

David, it took a little over a month for me to get mine. It was actually pretty painless. The only downside for me is my original call had enough time to stick in my head before the new one came along.

KE7EOV

Forum Name: KE7EOV
First Name: John
Callsign : KE7EOV
Radio : IC-V8000, VX-5R
Freq usually on: 2m

gragg2001

Forum Name: gragg2001
Callsign : W6KLR
Radio : Yaesu 857D, Yaesu FT7800, Icom IC730
Freq usually on: 2m/70cm, 20 and 40 meters

esh

Explorer
KF7EOX
Yaesu VX-7R, FTM-350R
I am rarely on, only for trips and to monitor repeaters, state police and oregon dot. I usually run the NorCal 146.46 simplex when with other HAMs.

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
Forum Name: DzrtX
First Name: John
Callsign: KD6DCI
Radio: Kenwood, TM-742A
Frequencies monitored: 147.030 (ECRA), 147.150 (ECRA) 146.730 (PARC) 147.130 (PARC), mostly on 2m band, but monitor 220mhz and 70cm as well.

05LR3AZ

Adventurer
Forum Name: I'm usually on the forums under this same ID (05LR3AZ)

Call Sign: I just got my call sign - KF7KOY - and now I'm looking for a radio.

DarioCarrera

Adventurer
Hello Guys. I'd like to throw a thought in here to see your thoughts and reactions about it.

I have been thinking about it for a while and I would like to make something positive with this. I believe this user callsign database that is forming here is an excellent resource for a lot of different applications like EComms (Emergency Communications). I would like to hear your opinions on how (if at all possible) to put this list to good use.

It is not my intention in any way to Hi-jack the thread. Just to keep it alive and gauge the possibility of making something useful out of it.

All ideas are welcome. What do you think?

Dario Carrera
YY5DCV
Venezuela
Yaesu FT857 D
ICOM V8000

Last edited:

Prybry

Adventurer
I'm in...

Forum Name: PryBry
First Name: Brian
Callsign: KØBDD
Class: General
Radio: Kenwood TM-V71 in my PW, Yaesu FT817 in wifes car, Yaesu FT897 Base, FT250 HT for Skywarn and RACES work
Frequencies monitored: 2m mainly, 70cm, HF as well.
Grid: EN34jc

Hags Overlanding

Trying to be good at this
Forum Name: Firemaniac
First Name: Chris
Callsign: KD7ZKB
Class: Technition
Radio: Icom; V-8000, T90-A, V-8sport
Frequencies monitored: 2m SAR, and some simplex

esh

Explorer
All ideas are welcome. What do you think?

I would do it like we had the Cruiser Assistance Club on ih8mud years ago. Voluntary, very personal information (work/home/cell #s, addresses), what you could offer in assistance (shop, bed for the night, tools..), your vehicles and your level of expertise. Like I said it was completely voluntary and you had to be willing to give a great amount of personal detail but you always had a list while you were travelling of help or resources along the way.

It grew to the point of encompassing the globe. Not sure what killed it.

Just a db of callsigns doesn't really do much, and I have an app on the Droid of the ARRL db.

IMO to make it a real thing and keep commercial interests out, it would be a secured site that allowed individuals to create and edit their own entries, and export a printable list (or pdf, spreadsheet, etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater