Equip: Yaesu Family: FT-100 * FT-90R * FT-530 * VX-7RB
Scanner: Yupiteru MTV-8000

Attachments

• P1100148.JPG
    P1100148.JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Expedition Leader
Got my first "real" HF radio this week, a Kenwood TS-480SAT (have a Yaesu that does 6M) and having a lot of fun with it. 20M has been active every night. I have a Buddipole that I can take on 4WD trips; going to rig a receiver mount for the mast I think so I don't have to worry about the tripod blowing over.

xtatik

Explorer
Got my first "real" HF radio this week, a Kenwood TS-480SAT (have a Yaesu that does 6M) and having a lot of fun with it. 20M has been active every night. I have a Buddipole that I can take on 4WD trips; going to rig a receiver mount for the mast I think so I don't have to worry about the tripod blowing over.

Great radio!! Enjoy.

rjcj-8

Adventurer
Got my call sign today

Name: RJ
Callsign: KK4CYB
Class: Technician
Equip: Yaesu FT-60R

tperkins

Observer
Just got my callsign today, should have a mobile rig running in a week or two.

Name: Tyler Perkins
Callsign: KC9ULI
Equipment: Will be Yaesu FT-7900R with a 40" Comet 2x4SRB

bugnout

Adventurer
Name: W.S. Haggard
Callsign: KC9ULJ
Equipment: TBD

I believe Tyler must have taken the test same day/time/place I did, His call sign only differs by the last letter

tperkins

Observer
Haha, small world. I was the teenager in there; when I was taking mine, only one other guy was in the room other than the volunteers. Maybe that was you, I passed by one question :D Now I learn when I get my radio; It's hard to learn without a way to practice, ya know? I have a mentor in our CERT group.

Nice to know someone in the area too; you have an awesome Jeep too, I looked at your build.

Eshu Elegua

Just got my callsign today, should have a mobile rig running in a week or two.

Name: Tyler Perkins
Callsign: KC9ULI
Equipment: Will be Yaesu FT-7900R with a 40" Comet 2x4SRB

Congrats on the lic, "with a 40" Comet 2x4SRB" i have same ant. on my FJ-40,for me the best mobile ham and Buss. ant

Attachments

• FOTO1.jpg
    FOTO1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 249

tperkins

Observer
Congrats on the lic, "with a 40" Comet 2x4SRB" i have same ant. on my FJ-40,for me the best mobile ham and Buss. ant

Does yours have the fold over? I could of swore Comet's site said it had one, but mine didnt. I dont really mind too much...but I was wondering if yours did.

Eshu Elegua

i have mine like 9 years and its fold over model,don't now if the new ones came without...but i put some black heatshrink on the F-O cos im using my 40 for camping and really dont like get too dirty (the ant) on that part

tperkins

Observer
i have mine like 9 years and its fold over model,don't now if the new ones came without...but i put some black heatshrink on the F-O cos im using my 40 for camping and really dont like get too dirty (the ant) on that part

Thanks. Yeah, the new ones must come without the foldover, at least the model I have. I can actually get in the garage still with it on, so Im not too bummed. I should send Comet an email just to let them know, so no one else gets bummed out. If the spring is picky, I suppose it might be better off without anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk