HAM Operators- Post up here

lysol

Explorer
I am now a HAM Operator!!!! (General class)

I finished both tests in under 25 min. lol. They made me take the "Extra" class test, but I failed that one miserably. I might study and retake that one if not just for the option for a shorter vanity call sign. I wonder when I'll get my call sign. I read somewhere that the "General" call signs can take a while and since I knocked out "Technician" and "General" at the same time, I wonder if it will take a while.

abruzzi

Adventurer
I took my tech and general at the same time as well, about a week before the government shutdown. I took the test on Saturday, and had my call by Thursday. Keep in mind that some of the time will be local, so if your testers don't get the paperwork filed quickly, it doesn't matter how efficient the FCC is.

Geof

uli2000

Adventurer
Guess I've never posted in this thread. Call is W7ND and currently have a Kenwood D710a in my FJ, hoping to add HF in there before long. Have HF and 2m at home, and a smattering of HTs. Just recently got my hands on some commercial gear to modify into the ham bands. Have a number of high power Kenwood low VHF and VHF radio that will do 6m and 2m. Not sure if Ill keep any of it or just sell it. The VHF radios are a bit nicer as they have the remote head option, but they are 110w radios. I may try to interface a couple of those and try to make a portable repeater setup.

lysol

Explorer
Just got it.

I was going to get a vanity, but I kind of like this one. Maybe I'll get a vanity and take off the first "K".

EDIT - NVM that's taken. I'll just keep mine

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater