Harrop Eaton ELockers for Land Rovers

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Just a quick note to let you know that we are able to offer electric lockers for selected Land Rovers in North America.

Have a look at the fitment list at the link below and give a call if we can help. No airlines, no compressor - just traction.

Best regards,

Ward

big exploded harrop.jpg

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Hmmm, how much?
I saw DNA offroad had them for $1638. Is that accurate?

DNA Offroad is an Australian dealer and that price is AU$.

Our price in US$ on this side of the water is $1,314 for most Landy models, the Defenders are more by about $300.

Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Ray_G

Explorer
DNA Offroad is an Australian dealer and that price is AU$.

Our price in US$ on this side of the water is $1,314 for most Landy models, the Defenders are more by about $300.

Shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Why are defenders $300 more (unless we're talking sals rear end)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
"Why do feel these are better then the KAM E lockers ?
The Kam Lockers are $1100 by comparison. "

Great question. Largely a difference in design philosophy. I am sure they both get the job done, just in different ways.

The KAM appears to have springs, solenoid, sliding dog and exterior housing plate - lots of moving parts.

The Harrop Eaton system is pretty simple - actuated through energization of a ring magnet that engages pins on the locker. No moving parts other than solid magnet.

A $200 price difference offset by (potentially) lower long-term maintenance burden.

(PS - Lest you all be concerned I am a pirate vendor here, we are in process of signing up with Brian.)

Last edited:

fishEH

Explorer
Why do feel these are better then the KAM E lockers ?
The Kam Lockers are $1100 by comparison.

http://www.lucky8llc.com/collections/lockers-1/products/kam-electronic-locking-differential

C'mon you know those KAM lockers are a pain. The Harrop Eaton appears to be a drop in deal whereas the KAM requires faily extensive axle housing modification by way of cutting and welding. The KAM also isn't something you can just take out and drop in another truck.
A true drop in Elocker is interesting.
Love my Ashcrofts though.

Fivespddisco

Supporting Sponsor
"

The Harrop Eaton system is pretty simple - actuated through energization of a ring magnet that engages pins on the locker. No moving parts other than solid magnet.

Im sorry I don't understand. How can the locker only have 1 moving part? Did you mean the magnet moves locking pins?
What is the Amp draw when engaged ?

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Is the KAM drop in still available? There was good press on it when it came out, but its not on their website anymore and cant find much mention of it anywhere.

LR Max

Local Oaf
So is this a modified Eaton E-locker? Like what is found in most Chevy vehicles from the factory that are fitted with a rear E-locker?

I remember these having a number of problems...but that was like, 10 years ago. Also just looked at your chart, no 10 spline option. So that is a deal breaker for me (because 24 splines aren't available for series front axle inners...) but if I had a 88, this would be slick to install in the rear axle.

fishEH

Explorer
C'mon
Your not keeping up with the times. For over 2 years the Kam has been a direct drop in. :Wow1:

Huh, how about that. Tell your boys at KAM to update their website. The first two menus to get to the diff locker have a picture of the old style. Its only on the very last menu where they have a pic and description of the drop in deal.

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
Im sorry I don't understand. How can the locker only have 1 moving part? Did you mean the magnet moves locking pins?
What is the Amp draw when engaged ?

Yessir, only the magnet. Initial draw 4 amps, then drops to 3 amps.

Video here showing the actuator/pins in action:
[video]https://youtu.be/a4io_6kavWM[/video]

Ward Harris

Terrain Tamer / Harrop
So is this a modified Eaton E-locker? Like what is found in most Chevy vehicles from the factory that are fitted with a rear E-locker?

I remember these having a number of problems...but that was like, 10 years ago. Also just looked at your chart, no 10 spline option. So that is a deal breaker for me (because 24 splines aren't available for series front axle inners...) but if I had a 88, this would be slick to install in the rear axle.

It is a licensed version of the Eaton, using some Eaton components, completed and assembled by Harrop in Melbourne. Don't know Chevys, but the Harrops were designed/released about 8 years ago - different animal, I think.

Sorry no 10 spline option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online