HDJ 80 - evolution from original to….

M.Bas

Adventurer
I think we've seen pictures of your truck before posted by others. I was speechless then, and again, I'm speechless. Quite a vision you had there, and the gonads it takes to chop in half an otherwise pristine 80 is something I don't possess. Great job. Pics of the interior would be nice, as well as some construction method details. Thanks

Spence
We did indeed see pictures posted by someone else:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=398083&postcount=90

Big Blue

Observer
... someone else...

...called Sönke ;)

...some more pics...

...the "snake racing" works perfect...
3374737.jpg

3374738.jpg

3374739.jpg

...first test for the solar panels - France last Summer...
3374756.jpg

3374757.jpg

3374760.jpg

D

Deleted member 9101

damn, thats nuts. Suddenly I want to tear apart my tundra...lol

Big Blue

Observer
…Any reason you went without side windows? :)

…2 reasons – with side windows i would loose to much storage space and the main reason was the design - I tried to transfer the original body lines and angles to get a real clean geometrical optic and side windows simply would disturb my concept.

Watch the silver 80 in comparison to my one - it`s a “form follows function” concept - build by another german company – and for sure, it`s also build in a high quality … but the cabin looks like a foreign object on the Toyota…

3379608.jpg

3379609.jpg

3379610.jpg

3379611.jpg

soenke

Adventurer
Marcus from www.offroad-schmiede.com bought the silentblocks.
The cabine construction follows his expertise....

I can ask him thought wich rating our silentblocks have...I remember they ain´t cheap..
Maybe Stefan form the Big Blue knows any details, I think Marcus used the same silentblocks on his car..

Moin Stefan, do you know any details about the rubbermounts?

KEENO

Adventurer
spare tire?

Stefan...

Thank you for sharing the details of your vision!

I continue to investigate your rig in detail and find it to be near perfect for a light & capable offroad rig. Between your design & Stoenke's hard-sided Rig (both Marcus constructed) I loose much sleep at night.
Speaking of sleeping: I know Soenke keeps his spare tire under the bed.... Where is yours located in your semi soft-sided camper design?

Thanks.... KEENO:)

Last edited:

michaels

Explorer
have any photos of the internal structure of the sides? i'm curious to see what you did. ribs bend sheetmetal? a frame and skin design?

thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad