Hello Miss FJ62. Flaco's dream.

LaOutbackTrail's FJ62s: Rounds One and Two.

Her birthday is Oct 1987, less than a year older than me. I say that is fair game, dont you?!?

Mr. Leary and I were returning from a weekend in Oklahoma when I spotted an FJ62 at a junk yard looking place. "TURN AROUND!!!!!" Talked to the owner of the property, a mechanic hoarder of a sort, it was his friends truck. He called the guy, knowing he intended to sell it... Went back and looked at it today, a couple weeks ago. Went back to make my final decision with the help of Bones and Eduardo... They approved.

Here she is.
IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

And all of these bad boys still work.
IMG_3023.jpg

:)

Picking her up on Friday.

And I sold this for the FJ62
9031_541297538851_62002887_31871871_7376826_n.jpg

Last edited:
cool find. how much rust did you find?

Do you see that spot on the fender? Of course you don't! The only rust is was caused by a bad ground or acid spill that wasn't treated it seems on the passenger side fender. About the size of a quarter of pitted metal.
:smileeek:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Hence the TBI engines thread.

I'm betting yours is operational before mine is.

jsmarine

Adventurer
by the way, I will trade you my roof rack straight up for your FJ62! I will even install it on you 4runner, no charge! :ylsmoke: LOL

Hence the TBI engines thread.

I'm betting yours is operational before mine is.

Yep.

The truck runs as it is. Needs a tune up. But will likely keep the drive train for a little while at least. Only 172k on it!

If/when I do the swap, it will likely be the 350TBI matched up to an NV4500.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
Nice save.

Welcome to the 6x series madness..... I'm seeing more of these getting resurrected these days.

Dave

blupaddler

Conspirator
Congrats!

Welcome to the Landcruiser world. :wings::wings::wings:

So... What about the 4Runner? Going/Staying?

So... What about the 4Runner? Going/Staying?

Staying. She might get a few more radical like upgrades.... a 7MGE is on the drawing board right now.

FJ62 is going to be a sloooooowwww build and will only be used on longer expedition trips.

The 62 will be styled similar to these 60s. Not too much, but juuuuust right.
IMG_0603.jpg

fj60004.jpg

OME lift, 33x10.50ish tires (maybe 35s, if I add a 1-2" body lift)
ARB roof rack.
Snorkel.
SBC motor swap and manual transmission.

Anyone know where I can get some of those nice steel wheels?!???? Seen any similar to that in a 16" ?

I like the way this truck is sitting, but pretty sure it has a SOA swap. Mud users suggest that OME lifts will work with 35s but will have some minor rubbing issues easily corrected by the BL... so I may ultimately go with 35s if that doesnt kill the practicality of the truck.
if2.jpg

if1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I want. I'm kind of sad for me...

BUT STOKED FOR YOU! Congrats, buddy. Can't wait to see this thing out on the road this fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad