Hello, ... my name is Dendy ... AND I HAVE AN ADDICTION!!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Lordy, Lordy! I think I am in need of help!

Just added the 2004 DII this week. In all honesty, however, ... the G4 is for sale (but not cause we don't like the truck ... just too much tied up in it), so
soon, hopefully, we'll be back to three. My wife says I need to hang a green oval at the end of the driveway!
:coffeedrink:

Dendy

LandRoverDiscoFleet.jpg

LandRoverDiscoFleet2.jpg

LandRoverDiscoFleet3.jpg

Last edited:

huskyfargo

Adventurer
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Wander

Expedition Leader
That's an understatement Dendy! Nice collection. I want my DI the have a similar build but I've got a long way to go.

jgdisco2

Adventurer
you my friend are my 2nd hero(dale is my 1st)!!:bowdown:

that d1 is so dang sweet! heck they all are and my favorite part....they are white:drool:

spikemd

Explorer
LR3 for DII?

Nice stable. I sense a theme here...

Selling the LR3 for a DII? Curious as to your decision making process. I thought the LR3 would be a superior ride considering that rig will most likely be your 'around town' truck; that is assuming you would be taking your D1 or RRC on the trails.

An LR3/4 will most likely be our next 'family' rig.

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
Nice stable. I sense a theme here...

Selling the LR3 for a DII? Curious as to your decision making process. I thought the LR3 would be a superior ride considering that rig will most likely be your 'around town' truck; that is assuming you would be taking your D1 or RRC on the trails.

An LR3/4 will most likely be our next 'family' rig.

You'll understand once you have one. There's something very unsettling about how much is going on with the LR3/4 and how severely electronic dependent it is. It's far more capable than my D2 was, better at getting my family around, theoretically more reliable, but it's just a way different rover experience. I love my LR3, but for completely different reasons... Highway MPG is one of them. =)

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Well, let me say for me (personally) the decision is hard. For my wife, the decision is easy!
While she loves the marvels of the LR3, she does not like the attention it draws to her due to the decals of the G4. She also doesn't fancy the note we carry on that truck.
I found the DII (SE7) in Reno- 2 owner- with 62K miles. It is a Trail Edition and extremely clean. I paid 10,500 for the truck, and have receipts from previous owner for 9,200 in completed work in the last 4000 miles. Everything that can typically go wrong with a DII has been addressed. (head gaskets, new abs sensors, all belts/hoses, all radio amps, power-steering box rebuild, etc.)

My wife only drives about 15 miles a week, so it just makes more financial sense to be into a truck that is a 4th+ the value of the LR3, and what better a replacement than the best year of the DII's?

Yes, the LR3 is an amazing truck. The ride is totally smooth. The off-road ability is unbelievable. The truck, however is in the prime time to sell. 39K original miles, best condition it is likely ever to be in, Certified, and fully loaded with everything working and no flaws. And, while LR3 values are up ... it makes it a prudent thing to do.

Secretly, If I won the lottery tomorrow, ... we'd simply keep them all. It wouldn't get much better!

Oh, wait, ... I'm slipping. Someone help. :drool:

Storz

Explorer
Awesome collection. I know what you mean about the LR3, I've had both a D1 and currently drive a D2. My mom has an LR3 and its a better truck in every measureable regard, but it just doesnt have that "Rover" feeling to me. I actually want to go even older for my next one and get an 80s Defender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven