Help a brother out - Post up some pics and details of your RTT lift systems

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Sounds like a lotta trouble for clothe's change-

My RTT is secured on the trailer lid--solid/unwavering on hiwy and doesn't raise the trailer COG off-road (relative)and I use a 9'x9'x9' air tent for eating/changing/storage/games/weather easyer than modifying the trailer-

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
:sombrero: Sounds like a lotta trouble for clothe's change-

My RTT is secured on the trailer lid--solid/unwavering on hiwy and doesn't raise the trailer COG off-road (relative)and I use a 9'x9'x9' air tent for eating/changing/storage/games/weather easyer than modifying the trailer-

Good luck

Probably correct, but I wanted to get the tent off the lid. I find it to be a PITA without a tailgate in the trailer, and I am not going to hack up the trailer to put one in. If someone is asleep (like my Dad was last trip) I am stuck with no access to anything in the tub. Not ideal especially when I mount the fridge in there.

This thread needs more pictures!!!!!

Never enough pics!!

That is a great setup! Love the shock boots on the lift rams!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah I understand your troubles--

I pretty much unload my trailer when we first arrive and if I forget something, it's no trouble getting in/out, without any change in the RTT status-
The lid opens finger light with the tent deployed-
005_zps8bb56bb6.jpg

The lid will open with the RTT complertely closed also, so I made that workable by adding another 50-lb gas strut (inside)

This is why I commented on the troubles with installing a "LIFT" on your trailer--you must be sure you gotta haveit !
maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20037_zpsfhubmd7o.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20031_zpstafohhkw.jpg

maiden%20tepui%20tent%20use%20032_zpsoedkpmaa.jpg

Good luck

VanIsle_Greg

My lid opens as well with the tent deployed...

Just not when someone is in it...lol

I understand that easy and simple is better most times. But, after 4 years of using this trailer as is, this is the one thing I want to do to it. Ok, maybe there are other things too, but this is the one big thing. The other, get a fridge...and I did that on Sunday!

Dometic CF-35 is now in the garage awaiting our next adventure!

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Looks mighty good to-

Versatility makes camping so much better to-

Good luck

This worked well for me:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/127104-Early-Bronco-Expo-Trailer-Build

Not sure I wouldn't do it differently, or will change it up in the future, but for now it works good. I might change the gas struts out for linear actuators, or build my own compression spring units that have an increasing amount of force as they are compressed. For now, I am 6'-2" and strong enough that getting it broke off bottom dead center to the point of the struts taking over is no problem. If my wife were to do the deployment, a change would be needed.

Good luck - having a tent floor that is 6+ feet off the ground with a hanging vestibule is a wonderful thing!!

Canada72

air lift is possible

Greg,

been lurking in the shadows on here for a couple of years but have never posted. Just read you post and thought i should tell you that a custom air lift is possible and not so complex. I am in the process of building my custom popup and designed an air lift using layflat hose. It has incredible lifting power and so far has been pretty easy to engineer. Not sure how to adapt it to your use but have a look and see if it helps. the picture is of the "bags" 1/2 inflated.0131151815-01.jpg

Lance

Sharpie

Observer
That is awesome canada72. Way to think out of the box. I'm always so amazed by what people come up with on this website. Do you have a build thread?

VanIsle_Greg

Wow, pretty awesome. Talk about thinking outside of the box.

Cant wait to see the rest of this trailer build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater