Help me choose a winch!

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
Go SuperWinch, Ramsey or Warn :cool:

If you're on a budget, I'd suggest surfing Craigslist for a used version of the big 3 instead of shopping for a new low buck model from HF and the like :)

After installing a SuperWinch EP9.0 out front, I wanted another for the rear, so I hit up the local CL ads and landed this lightly used Husky 10 worm drive for $300 bucks :bigok:

winchcoverlightinstall1.JPG

winchcoverlightinstall7.JPG

winchplatenitelight2.JPG

It may be slow, but it's an absolute BEAST!!

huzkyqinchinstalled20.JPG

huzkyqinchinstalled22.JPG

huzkyqinchinstalled23.JPG

RodB

You may know this, but just an FYI... Your SuperWinch EP9.0 was manufactured by ComeUp for SuperWinch :)

Go SuperWinch, Ramsey or Warn :cool:

If you're on a budget, I'd suggest surfing Craigslist for a used version of the big 3 instead of shopping for a new low buck model from HF and the like :)

After installing a SuperWinch EP9.0 out front, I wanted another for the rear, so I hit up the local CL ads and landed this lightly used Husky 10 worm drive for $300 bucks :bigok:

winchcoverlightinstall1.JPG

winchcoverlightinstall7.JPG

winchplatenitelight2.JPG

It may be slow, but it's an absolute BEAST!!

huzkyqinchinstalled20.JPG

huzkyqinchinstalled22.JPG

huzkyqinchinstalled23.JPG

98 SNAKE EATER

Adventurer
You may know this, but just an FYI... Your SuperWinch EP9.0 was manufactured by ComeUp for SuperWinch :)

Yes, I know this and have nothing against CU winches, however, they're still a newcomer in the US market and have very little distribution compared to the big 3.

Box Rocket

Yes, I know this and have nothing against CU winches, however, they're still a newcomer in the US market and have very little distribution compared to the big 3.
Maybe less distribution in the states (for now), but that's changing and the CU is much more widely used outside the US so the infrastructure is there. They're just building their presence here in the states.

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Im putting 2 16.5LBS Come Up winches on my rig. The only winch I've ever seen break while winching was a Warn. IT wasn't mine nor do I know what the owner liked to do with it, but I hate following the "Brand" just because of the name. Warn might have a $400 winch but you have to think what they sacrificed to drop the price so low, or how much they mark up their other products?

Of course I sell Come UP winches so of course I have a bias, but I choose to sell Come Up, because I think they make sweet products.

Box Rocket

Im putting 2 16.5LBS Come Up winches on my rig. The only winch I've ever seen break while winching was a Warn. IT wasn't mine nor do I know what the owner liked to do with it, but I hate following the "Brand" just because of the name. Warn might have a $400 winch but you have to think what they sacrificed to drop the price so low, or how much they mark up their other products?

Of course I sell Come UP winches so of course I have a bias, but I choose to sell Come Up, because I think they make sweet products.

Seems that once people get some actual firsthand exposure to the ComeUp winches they see why people who have them like them so much. Great winches, people just need to give them a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk