Help us choose our dream adventure trailer! (RREV Baja vs Kimberley 7, updated)

catalyzer

I know your thinking Toyota Tundra but seriously a power wagon would be more like it for the true off-road trailers the weight of those the palomino would be more likely for a Tundra.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
@tdjma definately the wisdom of the forum... is making us feel that the Tundra hybrid is a bad assumption. We do like @rdop's suggestion to look at the forthcoming RAMcharger truck. We will look at that today (and availabilty timelines)

tdjma

So they did an off-road trip with a raptor trx and trd pro tundra the support truck was power wagon and they all said power wagon was the best truck lol

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

crazysccrmd

Observer
The Tundra is not a hybrid in any real sense, it’s simply an electric motor to boost power and torque. If you want a hybrid get a F150 hybrid or wait for the Ramcharger in a year or two.

catalyzer

The Tundra is not a hybrid in any real sense, it’s simply an electric motor to boost power and torque. If you want a hybrid get a F150 hybrid or wait for the Ramcharger in a year or two.
@crazysccrmd a year or two is a no go. We have test driven both the F150 hybrid and Tundra hybrid. We actually prefer the F150...but favor the Tundra for foreseeable (motor, suspension, and brake) upgrade paths.

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

@Obsessed2findARuggedHybid the Kingdom Camping Caravan XL has the same

Cruisemaster ATX or XT Air Suspension*​

as the Imperial Outdoors x195 / Roamer1. I communicated with a previous owner of a Roamer1 that had interior cabinets coming unhinged due to chassis flex. He stated he communicated with Issac the owner of Imperial, but there wasn't a fix offferred. So he ended up selling his Roamer1 for a Pause Reboot [the lesser overlanding designed version than the Pause]. Do you know if any Kingdom owners have the same issue?

I have not heard of any. Cruismaster suspension is tried and true in AU. All of Imperial Outdoors issues are on the shoulders of themselves and thier chassis builder i belive thier name is MS Trailer. They started from a fishhouse design and jumped into the off road market.

rdrop

A Ram Power Wagon has the payload of a 1/2 pickup. The Ram Rebel HD is where I’d go for a 3/4 ton option on the Ram side. The Silverado HD ZR2 is probably the best 3/4 truck IMO. I’m hoping the RamCharger splits the middle and gives me the benefit of an EV truck without the range limitation of a pure EV. Especially with a Pause, the tow range is going to be at best 1/2 of the normal range.

@catalyzer I assume you’ve seen all of the ROA videos about the Pause trailers? Still early, but lots of promising signs IMO. There are a few Facebook groups as well that have good info on the Pause trailers from owners.

catalyzer

Kimberley is the worldwide standard for quality; not perfect, but as close as you're going to get.

Intech is a sad joke by comparison; it's only a minor step up over any mass produced, trailer-park-trash produced in Indiana. If we're talking North American made trailers, I'd take a 25-ft BigFoot over any Intech any day of the week.
@eatSleepWoof I was wrong. We did not look at Kimberley... not sure what I was thinking. After today's forum feedback we are now ranking

1. Kimberley T Series [exploring]
  2. RREV Baja Edition
  3. Kingdom Caravan XL [exploring]

ExpoMike

I have been looking at trailers for a while now and had a Kamaproo trailer back in 2008-2010. Even back then, Kimberley Kampers was the standard ALL other offroad campers were judged by. If money wasn't an issue, Kimberley would hands down be my choice. For me, I am really excited to see their new Kube model that should be released later this year (doesn't sound like the fit for you but might be for us). Kingdom has been high on my list too. Since I have been looking at teardrop/squaredrop styles, Escopod TOPO2 would be my first choice followed by Bean Trailers (I am really hoping this will build the Bean Squared they had a prototype of).

Good luck on your hunt.

catalyzer

I have been looking at trailers for a while now and had a Kamaproo trailer back in 2008-2010. Even back then, Kimberley Kampers was the standard ALL other offroad campers were judged by. If money wasn't an issue, Kimberley would hands down be my choice. For me, I am really excited to see their new Kube model that should be released later this year (doesn't sound like the fit for you but might be for us). Kingdom has been high on my list too. Since I have been looking at teardrop/squaredrop styles, Escopod TOPO2 would be my first choice followed by Bean Trailers (I am really hoping this will build the Bean Squared they had a prototype of).

Good luck on your hunt.
Thanks @ExpoMike . KK does seem quite durable . Good luck on your quest for the right camper too. The Kube is really cool; but a bit small for our full timer + business use.

jschuman

@eatSleepWoof I was wrong. We did not look at Kimberley... not sure what I was thinking. After today's forum feedback we are now ranking

1. Kimberley T Series [exploring]
  2. RREV Baja Edition
  3. Kingdom Caravan XL [exploring]
We are on a similar journey to you and considered most of the options you mentioned in your first post.

Ultimately we chose the Kingdom Caravan XL. Two main reasons are customize-ability and no compromises. I have a rolling list of 40+ custom items that Jamin is accommodating for our build. We are experienced campers like you and know exactly what we want. All the other manufacturers would not accept the customized asks we required.

We’re slated for October completion, can’t wait for ours to go into production. If you haven’t already, I’d reach out to Jamin for a conversation

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

There is not doubt the Kimberley is liklely the best built of all on your list. To qoute ferris Buller " if you have the means I suggest you pick one up"

If you want more customization and do not want to pay two dealer markups plus shipping from AU I would go with Kingdom. Again contact Treefarmer1 first.

20240809_120708.jpg

We own one. Would be happy to answer your questions here or in private. (IG= Crazycanadiannomads)

We've owned and lived in a Black Series HQ21 for two years and had to put 20k$ in it to make it off grid capable.

I was going to sink in more money into it until I saw everything that was put into the RREV. I've looked around at other trailers and they didnt quite have everything I wanted. The price is better and has everything in it. I haven't plugged it in yet and been running the AC here and there. Starlink is always running. Batteries are at 95% at this moment and pulling 1250W. It's cloudy here in Ontario Canada.

There's so much to talk about this unit and it's capabilities. It's also 4 seasons.

I've heard good stuff about the Kimberly's but don't know anybody that owns one.

Hope this helps a bit and reach out anytime

catalyzer

View attachment 847601

We own one. Would be happy to answer your questions here or in private. (IG= Crazycanadiannomads)

We've owned and lived in a Black Series HQ21 for two years and had to put 20k$ in it to make it off grid capable.

I was going to sink in more money into it until I saw everything that was put into the RREV. I've looked around at other trailers and they didnt quite have everything I wanted. The price is better and has everything in it. I haven't plugged it in yet and been running the AC here and there. Starlink is always running. Batteries are at 95% at this moment and pulling 1250W. It's cloudy here in Ontario Canada.

There's so much to talk about this unit and it's capabilities. It's also 4 seasons.

I've heard good stuff about the Kimberly's but don't know anybody that owns one.

Hope this helps a bit and reach out anytime
@CrazyCanadiannomads , thanks. Will DM and checkout your IG. Would LOVE OWNERS perspectives, especially full-timers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__