Holy cow Jeepman, I wound up with a new Hard Rock! SOLD SOLD SOLD

ratled

Adventurer
Got out for a couple of hours today to enjoy the nice weather and look for some of the wild horses

Another day.jpg

20180403_122614_resized.jpg

20180403_153348_resized.jpg

ratled

Adventurer
I just wanted to post a quick update to the slight mods that I have managed to squeak out and bump the thread out for a Jeeper I met on a trail ride last spring. I haven't be out at all this summer as I was back in PT but I was able to get a few things done to the Jeep.

I did add a Rock Hard skid and a Fumoto oil drian. I took a couple of big hits earlier in the year and I didn't like it - there is just too much under there that is too vulnerable. I still have plans for some G2 diff covers to protect the pumpkins and want to do something with the Evap can when I get a chance.

RH.jpg

I also switched out from the stock mud tires to the KO2s. I just didn't like the way they behaved in the snow. I did go with the 285 70r 17s on the stock rims. I choose this size for several reasons. It is a slightly larger tire but only about an 1” wider and maybe 1/2” taller but is less than 5 pounds heavier than stock. This makes it easier on the Jeep to turn and keeps it easier for me to get in/out and do the 5 tire rotations (remember that PT thing).

tire 1.jpgTire 2.jpg

Although it is about the same size as the stock it was just wide enough to rub a bit. A quick call to Northridge and set of 1.5” Synergy spacers showed up and went on.

Spacers.jpg

I do like the ride of the new KO2s on the road, a noticeable difference in reduction of negative steering wheel feedback and a slight decrease in wheel noise. Not that the stock MTs were bad, I just notice it now that it s gone. I haven't done much dirt with these yet but what little I have done I haven't noticed any difference. Hopefully I get them out to Prison Hill soon and warm them up a little (<---- Ron this is a hint).

Any, just a quick update the the thread,

ratled

Attachments

• tire 1.jpg
    tire 1.jpg
    813.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Spacers.jpg
    Spacers.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
Spent the day running around Verdi Peak. Did 30 miles on hard pack, gravel, powder and more washboards than my shoulder would have liked. The new BFG KO2s did very well. I didn't air down to see how they performed but I really should have aried down. All in all a great day out.

Attachments

• PEVICE CLOSE UP.png
    PEVICE CLOSE UP.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • Shot 2.png
    Shot 2.png
    972 KB · Views: 77
  • Shot 1.png
    Shot 1.png
    736 KB · Views: 75
  • Pevine Fire lookout.png
    Pevine Fire lookout.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
  • Lunch.png
    Lunch.png
    996.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
I recently got out with a local You Tuber for a trip I have been wanting to do. It was an easy trip but a nice chance to meet few folks and see a couple of ones we know.

ratled

Adventurer
Unfortunately the time has come for me to sell my Jeep. I am too broken to be able to get out to use the Jeep. It is a well appointed, gently used Jeep that is ready to go. I am pulling the CB, fridge plug (fridge not included) back inside lights and the rear storage bags. I will include them for any Expo member. I also have a NIB set of Poison Spyder Bombshell Diff Covers I didn't install and a Rugged Ridge tub mount HD spare tire carrier (new) I didn't install either that I will include for any Expo member. Once I get it ready to list Iwill post it in the For Sale section. Currently it has almost 25,000 miles on it.

I will be listing it locally for $44,000 but will sell it for $39,000 to any Expo member. I really would like it to go to someone who can use it and maybe post here so I can follow along. Feel free to ask any question and contact me through here. It is located in the Reno NV area.

ratled

Adventurer
Parting Shot
Messages Image(1229900040).png

Sold it today. I wish I could have sold it to an Expo member to follow it along but Carmax actually hit my number with no hassles... it was a bitter sweet day, more bitter but it had to be

ratled

Adventurer
What's next?
I was going to go back to my Chevy 1500 PU. When I started to spin it back up my 15 y/o son's eyes actually started to well up. He just KNEW that was going to be his as he loves that truck so much. It warms my heart so much that he wants my truck and that he is a such truck guy I'll have to see..................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online