Hostile Lands of SOAZ: Dragoons to Chiricahuas, April 25-27

erin

Explorer
I'm on Friday, but can probably squeeze out around 2:30 -3pm. If I have the truck loaded ahead of time, I'm not far from the TTT, so 4pm would work for me also.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
When and where should I try to meet up with this rag tag fugutive fleet on Saturday? I can probably make your side of the mountains by late morning.

viatierra

Explorer
Eeesh, best case scenario I'm leaving Phoenix at 3:00. But probably 4:00...
Give me coordinates & 2m frequency and we'll catch up for tequilla time!

:1888fbbd:

articulate

Expedition Leader
Ursidae69 said:
When and where should I try to meet up with this rag tag fugutive fleet on Saturday? I can probably make your side of the mountains by late morning.
I was thinking somewhere along Pinery Canyon Road. We can connect via the "party channel" 146.460. Maybe I should look to see if there's a working repeater nearby.

I've got my secret weapon giving me some good information regarding the campsite on Friday night. Hang tight for the coords. Cool?

jeffryscott

2006 Rally Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
We can make it.

I have Friday off, the girls, Louise and I should be ready for an early departure. Chloe's 6th birthday campout. No tequila for her though.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Once we get the camp coordinates agreed to, I can leave Friday morning with a few of the other early birds. We can set up camp and be there to welcome in the later arrivals.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
Tucson T4R said:
Once we get the camp coordinates agreed to, I can leave Friday morning with a few of the other early birds. We can set up camp and be there to welcome in the later arrivals.

Zoe and I are with you.

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Communications

Hi All,

Really looking forward to getting going as we just had another snow fall this past weekend. I head south on April 9 (Wednesday) to Moab with a friend for a few trail rides and maybe even the infamous Kokopelli Trail. Then off to San Rafael Swell with Kurt of CruiserOutfitters and some of his pals for a few more days of trails and camping. Then south through the remainder of UT, back and forth across AZ (Hopi, Chelly, et al) 'til I meet up with some of you in the Mesa/Chandler area just before this extravaganza of derelicts begins.

I have a CB (yes I know it is old school, but love it for chatting up the truckers and road crews, saved many miles by having it and getting around construction and detours). I will monitor CB 15 and use the handle of NOMAD (my truck). I will also be monitoring HAM freq. 146.460 SIMPLEX as suggested.

See ya all then and please turn up the heat....-4C (25F) this morning in Kanukville (Calgary).:REOutIceFishing:

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
You all are getting a real treat. :p

My 14 year old terrier / poodle divorce dog is coming with me! This trip will end in Phoenix for me and I'll be dropping her off at my mom's for the summer. I'm too busy in the summer months with trips & work and she doesn't travel all that well at her age.

P4230008s.jpg

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Well then, I guess I'll leave my new 70 lb Giant Schnauzer puppy at home. LOL

Actually I'm looking forward to her being my camping partner but she needs some more training and maturity before I take her out in a group.

MaddBaggins

Explorer
I'm not bringing our dog. She doesn't like other bitches and looking after her and my daughter is a bit of a chore. If my wife was along to share supervisory duties I would probably bring the dog.

Brad, any word on when/where we're meeting up for friday morning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333