How are AT3's in the snow?

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Year round Gunnison, CO resident here:

General Grabber AT2... Big fan. Cheap and long wearing. Works in all 4 seasons. Mountain snowflake rated and proven in snow. Not rotation sensitive. Zero problems on my jeep or my silverado.

csphoto

W7ZOM
Duratrac's are incredible in the snow. They have other shortcomings but if snow performance is a primary requirement there isn't much out there outside of a dedicated snow tire that can touch them. After 99,000 miles on them with my F-150 chasing winter storms from UT to interior BC for work, I couldn't get a set on my new LR4 fast enough.

PDragon

I have a set of AT3's in my 2007 Grand Cherokee. They are very good in snow, but not so much in ice. I have taken them off-roading in the snow multiple times and they handle the snow and cold with ease. Where I live the climate is very dry and very cold, so the snow reflects that.
Good luck with your new tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
I live in Crested Butte and put the AT3's on the wife's 4Runner and they are o.k. in winter conditions. The General Grabbers that I have experience with are great in the winter if off-road sidewall strength isn't a priority. The BFG KO2's are a happy spot in between the two if you are looking for sidewall strength for off-road use.
If the KO2's would have been available when I bought my wife's tires I would have gone that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater