Huge price increase for GAIA Maps!

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Just received the following email:

zJGDkA0.png

The price is nearly doubling?! For the same application, and same services? As if paying $45 per year is not enough, they must be out of their f*ing mind if they think I'll continue to be a user with this shameful price gouge.

aam0zRD.png

I encourage everyone else to vote with their wallet and do the same. Similar software used to be a $20-40 one time fee, and there is zero excuse for this gouging. It is long past time people stood up against such insatiable greed.

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Strange. We have Gaia Premium and its about $55 per year as I recall. It has increased a bit over the years but nothing like this. Ours bills thru Outside. And to be clear, we have not received any price increase notice.

What exactly is the Offroad hiking, that looks like it bills thru Trailbehind?

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
What exactly is the Offroad hiking, that looks like it bills thru Trailbehind?
Frankly, I've no idea.

I downloaded and installed Gaia on my phone some 5-6 years ago. It prompted me to subscribe after a trial period, and I did. I was using an Android phone at the time, so the subscription went through the Google store. Some time later I moved to iOS, and used (use) the same license/subscription, which recurs and bills every year.

I realistically need the app once or twice per year (using the most basic functionality). At this point I'm done wasting money on it. Plenty of other sources that'll give me what I need - most of them free.

Hmmmmm. My Premium Sub is $39.99 per year. Something is not correct here.

See how much it is directly on the GAIA website. I just logged out and checked and it is $59.99

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Well... to add to the confusion, I just logged in and checked my subscription details...

We have been subscribed since 2016-17

53704180248_034f4019f7_n.jpg

rruff

Explorer
Strange. It might be that us Canadians are being exclusively shafted (yet again).
I don't have it, but the online price says $59.90/yr. The exchange rate is 1.37, so that would be $82.05 in Canadian pesos. Since yours is $74.90 in the same currency, you are actually getting the bargain...

... Unless US users aren't getting the hike. My first thought is that you are getting the notice because your cycle ends 7-05 and it was time to notify you. Others won't be told until they are 60 days from the end of their cycle.

pluton

Adventurer
When I'm logged in, it doesn't show any subscription price, just that it renews in August. When not logged in, it's says $60/year (shown as $4.95/month.)

I had gotten a notice in early April that they were increasing their Premium membership to $59.90. I use it quite a bit so I'll keep it, although under duress.

pluton

Adventurer
Same here. But I do not recall ever paying more than $39.99 and I renew ever year.
My last August renewal was $40. I've got time to watch them and see if they slow down on the screwups or continue to dissipate the app into oblivion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179