Hunter Build

ArmyRover

Adventurer
So I figured it's time to do a proper thread on the progress. She started out pretty basic as most Hunter's are. It's a 1991 Hunter Edition, so no abs, manual cloth seats, no sunroof and no sways. She had 255/70's all the way around that are in good nick. The paint is a bit old and will eventually get resprayed. All in all a good solid truck.

The carpets had all been pulled and bedliner applied to the interior.

Here is what she looked like to start out...

100_1054.jpg

100_1060.jpg

100_1057.jpg

100_1059.jpg

100_1081.jpg

The first thing I changed was adding a hood black out. $9.00 mod, I don't do decals...

100_1067.jpg

100_1074.jpg

100_1076.jpg

Next it was time to add the Dog Guard and a D2 cup holder... I also changed out to a 4.2 ecu at the same time. I had the rear seats out so I could pick up our new queen sofa sleeper coach and load it in that back, who'd a thunk, it fit...

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

IMAG0227.jpg

IMAG0226.jpg

Then it was time for the suspension bits to start coming together. At some point I added my old roof rack as well. In case anyone needs rear upper shock mounts I highly recommend giving Justin at www.lucky8llc.com a call the upper shock mounts they make in house are stout well done pieces. I am real happy with those. The springs are 3" rovertyms and bilstein 7100 remotes for shocks, extended bump stops are also in

Before.

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

After...

IMAG0218.jpg

IMAG0215.jpg

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0224.jpg

Bumpers, sliders and radius arms should be along shortly.... :coffee: All of those bits are on order from Bortoff Fab. This weekend the front skid, new RTE and Rovertracks steering parts, steering dampner relocation and front diff guard should be going on along with the 235/85 BFG AT's:ylsmoke:

Wander

Expedition Leader
How is the bed liner for noise/heat dampening? Are you adding mats over the top of it?

ArmyRover

Adventurer
The noise isn't to bad, but the heat of the tranny tunnel would allow me to slow roast dinner on a long drive. My plan is to add a layer of lizard skin and then make rubber mats for it. In the cold mornings the heat is nice but in the summer it could make meat fall of the bone lol.

rijosho

Adventurer
Looks great. Love that old (1988?) XJ6, too...with '90s XJR rims. :Wow1: Let me guess, it shows the "NO BOMBS" (light is out, but looks like a bomb) warning, rear shocks jump up and down, turn signals work when they feel like. Oh the memories (all fond) of my old XJ.

I want to see this queen sofa mod...

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Looks great. Love that old (1988?) XJ6, too...with '90s XJR rims. :Wow1: Let me guess, it shows the "NO BOMBS" (light is out, but looks like a bomb) warning, rear shocks jump up and down, turn signals work when they feel like. Oh the memories (all fond) of my old XJ.

I want to see this queen sofa mod...

it's a 89, the rims are off of a 98 XK8. All the lights work including the turn signals, load leveling suspension is still with me and working. She got a stay of execution today the BMW I was looking on looked like swiss cheese underneath.

Oddly I didn't take any pictures of the sofa loaded in the back.

I need bumpers Brett apparently those are required in Illinois:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal