Hunter Build

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Ok so I thought I had the alternator issue sorted but I was apparently wrong.

Lost the belt so I replaced the belt, that one snapped in 20 miles. Swapped alternator to a spare unit and snapped that belt. Did some searching and it seems slop in the power steering belt can cause this issue so I'm going to try and replace all the belts tonight.... Sigh it's never easy is it.

fishEH

Explorer
Ok so I thought I had the alternator issue sorted but I was apparently wrong.

Lost the belt so I replaced the belt, that one snapped in 20 miles. Swapped alternator to a spare unit and snapped that belt. Did some searching and it seems slop in the power steering belt can cause this issue so I'm going to try and replace all the belts tonight.... Sigh it's never easy is it.

BRRRRRR! Its cold outside, good luck.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I instead replaced the thermostat in the Jag so I would have heat since I still can't legally drive the RRC anyways till I get the rear bumper on it and the storm stopped my Dad from bringing the parts over this weekend.

That went very well and I have heat again thank god!

Brett the Jag and the RRC fit in the garage and with a little space heater going it's not bad to work out there at all.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
I'd check the pully on the alternator too. And use genuine belts if you can. They are the best.

I would think the alternator pulley would be ruled out with the problem happening on multiple alternators. who knows..

Thom good to see your alive and lurking....

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Got the Alternator working so far. Fingers crossed....

I got the 32's balanced today and I'm picking up the Scorpion Racing Front Bumper tomorrow.

fishEH

Explorer
Nice. Have you got a completion date for your front Rockstar or are you waiting for a refund before ordering?

galen216

Adventurer
Don't do what I did and put the bottom bolt in backwards. It puts the threads in the path of the belt. I killed a belt that way and only noticed it on the second one as I was finishing installation.

ArmyRover

Adventurer
Nice. Have you got a completion date for your front Rockstar or are you waiting for a refund before ordering?

The front is a Scorpion Racing blade winch bumper:coffeedrink: It's laid across the back of my truck much like yours was.

I'm getting the sliders and rear done by Brad, but I am waiting on the refund from Bottorf before I get Brad to fire up the welder. I'm really excited to get him started though so I can see what he comes up with for the rear :wings:

Galen that sounds like something I would do, it wasn't this time but now that you've told me about it I'll probably do it next time...

ArmyRover

Adventurer
IMAG0260.jpg

ArmyRover

Adventurer
My quick thoughts, fenders probably will need a trim. Trans cooler hard lines will need to be relocated for clearance of the bumper mounts and eventually the winch. Grill will need trimmed when I add the winch.

On the trans cooler it looks like I can unbolt it move it up about a inch and gently re-bend the lines to accommodate the bumper. This sounds like a epic fail waiting to happen so I'm going to think this over for a few minutes...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3