Hypothetical F250 build

NoDak

Yeah I kept up with your thread on that truck. Our 150’s were set up very similarly with toppers, skids and springs except mine was a 5.0 and I had 255/80R17 Mastercraft Courser CXT’s on it. Weird I was kinda sad when you sold yours because I really liked my old truck but same as you I was fighting rust repairs and could still get good return on its trade in and the 250 just does everything so much easier.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
The F350 should get you more payload for little or no extra cost or downside for private operators.
Beat me to it.
No doubt you've checked but I thought Ford was pricing such that if you wanted 4x4 then XLT was a better value ? Plus with XL you'd be paying for the STX opt.

Do the numbers come out cheaper with your config ?

Tires I'd do take offs right from the dealer (or on the lot). Size will be no prob.

I wouldn't daily with our fullsize but that's because of the diesel. One vehicle can be cheaper than two but parking can be an issue. Ride would be ok for me. Higher seating position is helpful.

And driving a truck around town makes me feel a bit taller - another plus. :giggle:
I believe aside from the cheapest way to not have chrome part of the XL STX package is LED lights. Which would be would require a premium package or whatever it's called to be added to XLT. Then I 'think' you automatically are forced have to add the Sport option to the XLT Premium option ( :) ) which adds like 7 or 8 grand to the base XLT price.
To me the LED lights are a must have on these trucks. Ford halogen's suck.

Personally for me if I were looking at a HD Extended cab truck, I think I'd lean toward GM. I like the way their back doors open like regualr crew cab doors. I've fought with suicide ext cab doors in crowded parking lots before. I also like that GM offers AutoTrac 4WD which would be super handy for Canadian winters. I know they are IFS but, my F150's have / had IFS and it's never been an issue for me.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Spring rates might be a bit higher tho, which could impact ride quality. Prob negligible but, there it is.

Good to know. FWIW, order guides are available on Blue Oval Forum, usually incl CDN versions. Tho the current one is not yet up for us.
Probably. Might have to drive them back to back to see.

I did build and price on the CDN Ford site. XL STX w/ 4x4, 7.3 came out to 76K and XLT sport / premium pkg came out to 83K
(Both ext cab F250's)

Screenshot 2023-06-27 104939.png
Screenshot 2023-06-27 105036.png

Out of curiosity I built a 2500 double cab Sierra SLE - Came to 80K with a couple options to equal the XLT Ford.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 105227.png
Screenshot 2023-06-27 105340.pngScreenshot 2023-06-27 105558.png

phsycle

Adventurer
I found similar to @Todd n Natalie
A little over $59k for XL STX w 7.3. And $63k for XLT w sport package and 7.3. Without the sport package, it’s like $56k. I’d honestly just go for the XLT w/o the Sport Pkg at that point and get parts painted or wrap it.

1687888236619.png

1687888304224.png

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I found similar to @Todd n Natalie
A little over $59k for XL STX w 7.3. And $63k for XLT w sport package and 7.3. Without the sport package, it’s like $56k. I’d honestly just go for the XLT w/o the Sport Pkg at that point and get parts painted or wrap it.
I'd also swap in LED headlights. I can't believe the difference LED headlights have made on my winter commutes.

Grassland

@Todd n Natalie the LED headlights and lack of chrome are big ones!
Going to cost an easy $1000 or more for quality aftermarket headlights. Plus I'm sure it's a delight to replace the assemblies.

And to be honest here a 78K truck is me adding 10-15 hours per week of work, and taking a 4 probably 5 year loan, even if I manage $45k for my Transit. Then I have to upfit the truck. Commercial aluminum cap and rack will be near $3k and I didn't even price out the bed slide yet.
Then more Milwaukee packouts to sort things better for in a truck as opposed to the van with shelves. (It's called red cocaine for a reason hahaha) It's being unwise and wishful at 78K so another six grand and the tax and interest on that is too much.

A 2.7 PP F150 might get me 2100# payload realistically which is tight, and if it's primarily fleet duty then it's not a great long term option. My Fiddy took a beating. Maybe it will be enough?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
@Todd n Natalie the LED headlights and lack of chrome are big ones!
Going to cost an easy $1000 or more for quality aftermarket headlights. Plus I'm sure it's a delight to replace the assemblies.

And to be honest here a 78K truck is me adding 10-15 hours per week of work, and taking a 4 probably 5 year loan, even if I manage $45k for my Transit. Then I have to upfit the truck. Commercial aluminum cap and rack will be near $3k and I didn't even price out the bed slide yet.
Then more Milwaukee packouts to sort things better for in a truck as opposed to the van with shelves. (It's called red cocaine for a reason hahaha) It's being unwise and wishful at 78K so another six grand and the tax and interest on that is too much.

A 2.7 PP F150 might get me 2100# payload realistically which is tight, and if it's primarily fleet duty then it's not a great long term option. My Fiddy took a beating. Maybe it will be enough?
Build and price is 78K. Who knows what you could buy it for. Depends too if you are factory ordering. Might be able to get a better deal if you're willing to wait for it to be built. That's how I was still able to get a deal in Jan 2021 when there was no inventory on the lots. I think deals are coming back too. They are here anyway. Ford has a $4,750 rebate on F150's now.

Screenshot 2023-06-27 141308.png

Instead of a 2.7 PP, why not look at a HDPP? Unless you want an XLT. I think HDPP is only available on XL's now.

2.7 PP might be tough to find too. A regular 3.5 Extended cab s/box may have a similar payload rating anyway.

Grassland

I have too many friends with first and second gen 3.5 EB with major engine issues. Timing, phasers, etc.
I love my cyclones, but no turbos seems to mean no problems.

Also not super interested in the second gen 5.0 with all the reported oil consumption issues amongst other.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have too many friends with first and second gen 3.5 EB with major engine issues. Timing, phasers, etc.
I love my cyclones, but no turbos seems to mean no problems.

Also not super interested in the second gen 5.0 with all the reported oil consumption issues amongst other.
Fair enough. Would the 6.8 V8 be sufficient or worth the extra bucks to go 7.3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl