I have searched high and low.......

DannyL

https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/24695248

A finally found one, high miles, but they do exist, that is if its real, cannot tell if AWD is on back doors, would have to check vin # or touch and feel it!!!

LOL

Let me be a bit clearer when I said they were hard to find.....

They are hard to find in my province.
Any véhicule coming from the USA or another province in Canada has to pass a full mechanical inspection. (yes that's good, but can be really bad as well)
If the vehicle comes for the USA it may also require modifications to make it "legal" according to Canadian standards.

The van that you so graciously found is $7000 USD which is what it would probably sell for here in Canada.
That $7K USD is $9660 in Canadian dollars at the present time, it's still not in my driveway (transport), inspected and ready to roll.

So as you can see when I said there are none to be found, I ment within my province.

I can google all day long and see trucks that can fit the bill, however there a cost involved in an out of country/province purchase.

I'm patient and will eventually find something that fits my budget and region needs.....

boardrider247

Weekend warrior anarchist
LOL

Let me be a bit clearer when I said they were hard to find.....

They are hard to find in my province.
Any véhicule coming from the USA or another province in Canada has to pass a full mechanical inspection. (yes that's good, but can be really bad as well)
If the vehicle comes for the USA it may also require modifications to make it "legal" according to Canadian standards.

The van that you so graciously found is $7000 USD which is what it would probably sell for here in Canada.
That $7K USD is $9660 in Canadian dollars at the present time, it's still not in my driveway (transport), inspected and ready to roll.

So as you can see when I said there are none to be found, I ment within my province.

I can google all day long and see trucks that can fit the bill, however there a cost involved in an out of country/province purchase.

I'm patient and will eventually find something that fits my budget and region needs.....

And a 2500 awd still has the same tow rating of a 1500. I love my awd as much as anyone but if the OP needs to haul #7000+ then it is not the right vehicle for him.

OP if you want to stay low and have 4wd in a GM van I think your only option is going to be a Quigley style ifs. If you want to diy a build I'd talk to Jeremy at weldtech and see if he can help point you in the right direction.

Good luck and keep us posted

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Isn't there a Canadian converter that goes by the name of Clydesdale or something like that? I seem to recall they do 4x4 conversions on the Ford series but maybe they do others. Might be worth a call, and maybe they can point you to a used market.

depark

Observer
Isn't there a Canadian converter that goes by the name of Clydesdale or something like that? I seem to recall they do 4x4 conversions on the Ford series but maybe they do others. Might be worth a call, and maybe they can point you to a used market.

Yup, Sportsman4x4.com located in Kamloops BC.
Cheers
Darryl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner