I LOVE these new lights!

ginericLC

Adventurer
Dave,

If you want them shoot me an email. I have a Schuck's just down the road from me. I'd ship them if you can't buy them online and have them shipped.

Eric V.

LC/LR4Life

Adventurer
The Parts America online shows Advanced Auto Parts here in Texas as a distributor, however I called Advanced and the idiot on the phone says "We don't have them, but they will ship them here so you can pick them up" or something like that..... dumb.

I am sure I can find a place online I can ship them direct. However I wanted to see them in person and put in my rack to see how they look.

davegonz

Explorer
ginericLC said:
Dave,

If you want them shoot me an email. I have a Schuck's just down the road from me. I'd ship them if you can't buy them online and have them shipped.

Eric V.

Thanks Eric, but they may take a back seat to a new tent (need to sell my old one first). I'll let you know.

Congrats again on the baby! :clapsmile

gahill2

Observer
Do you know how deep they measure front to back?

I may be interested in trying a set if they will fit on my bumper and will ship to GA.

I am running Hella 4000's now with 100 watt bulbs but would love an HID light.

Thanks

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Lights

David,

I live in El Paso, the end of the earth, and we have Checkers Auto parts. I am sure there must be one in your area.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
gahill2 said:
Do you know how deep they measure front to back?

Thanks

They are approx 5.8" thick with the mounting point 2-1/2 inches back from the lens.

I had a set of Hella 500's installed on a TJM T-17 bumper shell, and had to move the mounting holes forward 1.750" to get the HID's mounted. They do extend past the front edge of the bumper by less than a 1/2 inch, but it's still enough to make me a bit more careful when approaching scrub oak brush or other hazards.

Mark

gahill2

Observer
crawler#976 said:
They are approx 5.8" thick with the mounting point 2-1/2 inches back from the lens.

I had a set of Hella 500's installed on a TJM T-17 bumper shell, and had to move the mounting holes forward 1.750" to get the HID's mounted. They do extend past the front edge of the bumper by less than a 1/2 inch, but it's still enough to make me a bit more careful when approaching scrub oak brush or other hazards.

Mark

Thanks very much....I will measure when I get back home.

Would those of you running them say they are brighter than a non HID set of lights with 100 watt bulbs? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.:eek:

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
gahill2 said:

Would those of you running them say they are brighter than a non HID set of lights with 100 watt bulbs? Forgive me if this is a stupid question.:eek:

yes, and consider that they are only drawing 3 amps each.

70W total compared to 200W you currently run... much smaller load.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
davegonz said:
Weird, their webpage said there was none in TX.
I saw them a couple of months ago at Checker Auto here in El Paso texas, they look like the Hella lights however I was unsure of the quality sine they say you always get what you pay for...

...but in this case it seems like it might be the deal of the century!

CYi5

Explorer
You can retrofit your preexisting hella 4000's into HIDs. That's what I did to my 4000 euros, as I like the sturdy metal housing. Buy an HID conversion kit for $70-100 and you're set, they are pretty damn bright...

gahill2 said:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Could one use these as a daily driver light? I can't use my 240Blitz's because they are to bright for highway unless there are no other cars which occasionally on my 4am commute there aren't.

Aaron

BiG BoB

Adventurer
Pity nobody is selling HID's that cheap over here yet!

They certainly throw a lot of light with this HID bulbs, but how's the range? Are the reflectors and lenses making good use of all that light?

Sean (in Australia)

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
We could always ship em to ya. Lets see to avoid crazy customs we could buy the quantity desired run them on our trucks for say a week collect dust and bug splatter making them appear used to customs and kaboom used auto parts.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater