If GM made a DIESEL half-ton Silverado/Tahoe/Suburban, would you?...

Would you buy one?

• Yes, $49,900 for a new 1/2 ton crew DSL 4x4....I'M IN!

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • No, leave the diesel option for the big trucks

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters

Haakon

Observer
As you're all aware, that motor is made by VM Motori which is owned equally by Fiat and GM. So if GM wanted, that same 3.0L V6 turbodiesel could find its way into a GM truck or SUV. I think it would be the perfect powertrain for a Lambda variant (Acadia / Traverse / Enclave). But for some reason they don't believe there is a business case for diesel. We're seeing it in this poll: 61% say 'NO' to diesel.

We could be seeing "no to $50,000 1/2 ton's" not necessarily diesel.

Kaisen

Explorer
.....Let's say the option price was $5000 over the 5.3L V8, or $3500 over the 6.2L V8

Would you buy a NEW 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab All Terrain Diesel 4x4 (rated 20/25 mpg) for $49,900?

A typically equipped Crew Cab All Terrain 4x4 is already $45K..and that's with a cloth interior

A loaded Silverado LTZ or Sierra SLT 4x4 is well over $50K with a gasoline 5.3L

A Ford F150 Supercrew Platinum 4x4 starts over $54K with a EcoBoost V6 gas

I don't make the prices. I understand that some people will have sticker shock over what all new pickups cost. It is what it is.

98dango

Expedition Leader
I'm a bit late to the party. I have sold 6 diesel truck. I will only buy a old school one again. Hell my gas truck is over run with extra stuff. I was thinking of a swap in my truck and have talked my self out of it. I will replace my 5.4 when it reaches the end of its life.

SouthPawXJ

Observer
I think this is a lot of it. I don't think everyone on here wants a diesel, but I think most would want one IF the price of entry wasn't so high and IF it was available on lower trims. It is understandable why they put the diesels in the Grand Cherokee and Ram at the higher trims (more built-in profit per purchase and fewer purchases, allowing the supply of VM motors to be sufficient).

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
This would basically be in lieu of a 5.3 2014 Sierra for me. If the mileage was 25% better and if the numbers where all there then yes, but I would probably lease one because it would end up being my daily and not any hard use or trails or anything. I would just be interested for the good mileage on my 60 mile commute.

UHAULER

Explorer
I think vehicles are way overpriced but the market dictates price. I actually think some people like to brag about how much their truck costs.

We are getting 2 new chevy 2500,crewcab, 4wd,6.2,at, work trucks for a little over $26,000 each through a program that piggybacks off the state of California .

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Yeah, my F250 stickered for $30k for PA. Pretty sure it would be way more than that on the lot for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad