if you we're given a check for 40k tomorrow, what rig would you build or buy?

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I'd getrid of one of my "yotas" and get MY WIFE a new Jeep Grand Cherokee !

It's a jungle out there-

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
I'd start with a lightly used '06 LJ, add a StaK 3 Speed T'case, ProRock 60's w/ ARB's, RK 5.5 Triple Threat suspension, and 35" MT/R K's.

$15,000 for a clean LJ w/ 50 to 60K

$2899.00 STAK - 4.33:1, 2.43:1, and 1:1

$3,199.00 Suspension

$6399.00 Rear TJ ProRock w/ ARB

$7299.00 Front TJ ProRock w/ ARB

$2,003.32 5 Tires

$1020.00 Interco Birddog 17x9 wheels

----------------

For a total of $37850.00 - that pretty much takes care of a 40K check...

Chris85xlt

Adventurer
Since i already have a JKUR i would use the money towards something like a new AWD Durango R/T. Its got power, agility/handling, comfort, room, and looks good without being too big of a SUV.
I want something that can cruise with confidence and be comfortable and would be used mainly for road trips.
Any left over money would go towards lights and maybe a drawer system.

Last edited:

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
it seems like dodge gets no love on the ExPo forum. interesting choice with the durango

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

goin camping

Explorer
Find and buy a stock 06 Rubicon unlimited for $20K. Put another five into it and put the other 25K down on Mrs's campings dream Grand Cherokee.

DesertJK

Adventurer
I already have a JKUR, and I am happy with it. I would spend 30K on a straight Cessna 182, and the rest fixing it up. I would fill the need for a local aircraft to drop skydivers, and use it for a really awesome Alaska trip with my wife and dogs. Been there and driven that on 2 and 4 wheels. I prefer to fly now, and my Champ is limited to light loads, good weather, and day light hours.

D.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
I'd take the 40K and hit the road with the rig I already have.

That will get me at least 2 years, close to three if I'm careful.

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad