if you we're given a check for 40k tomorrow, what rig would you build or buy?

I would buy a used M5 for 35K and a used Cherokee for 5k and would beat the snot out of both. That's what just came to mind. In reality I have no idea.

SouthPawXJ

Observer
Good question!! I posted in the jeep section because I'm torn between a turn key AEV with a 350 package or buying a used taco or GX and building a rig from there. basically I'm all over the map. heck, with allthe diesel conversion builds, the new diesel grand Cherokee would be the dogs bollocks for a startingpoint. a ujoint van build is also on my radar...

Planning to explore Appalachians with the wife and introduce her to traveland camping in the spring as a tune up for a 2 week Grand Canyon trip in September.

Just some food for thought:

It is illegal to put a vehicle on the road that is above its GVWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating). GVWR (from what I've seen) is Curb Weight + Payload Capacity (if I'm wrong, please correct me). Your GVWR is assigned at the factory based on your vehicle. As you add modifications, your weight could (and probably will) go up. This means you can carry less gear, food, or people on your travels, depending on the time you are out there. I've never done a two week trip, so I'm not sure what gear would be required. If the AEV meets your space and weight requirements for your 2 week trip, then I would get that. I would also look at building up an older Grand Cherokee (WJ). There are quite a bit of aftermarket parts to help enhance their capability, and they are quite spacious on the inside. You can also find Grand Cherokee Diesels from 2007-2008 on autotrader or craigslist. They are quite expensive, but that comes with the rarity of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad