I'm BACK!!! 2023 F-250 Tremor build

Trixxx

Ehh, it's simply providing a point to create pressure against the forks in order to keep a 250lb bike standing in place. I am not strapping down steel tubing to a flatbed here. My calipers show about 0.5mm difference in thickness between the factory tie-downs and those on the BRI bracket.
No doubt. When I provided feedback it wasn’t with the intent of being used as a motorcycle tie down. Sounds like it’ll be good for your use. It’s not just the thickness of the brackets, but also the angle they now come out.

I’m fairly confident I could bend them quite easily with ratchet straps going in a certain direction. I think the factory tie loops would probably rip out of the bed before deforming.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
No doubt. When I provided feedback it wasn’t with the intent of being used as a motorcycle tie down. Sounds like it’ll be good for your use. It’s not just the thickness of the brackets, but also the angle they now come out.

I’m fairly confident I could bend them quite easily with ratchet straps going in a certain direction. I think the factory tie loops would probably rip out of the bed before deforming.

Yea, for my intended use they are more than up to the job. If I need to really strap something down in there the side cleat mounted tie-downs are available as well. Truth of the matter is that there will likely never be anything in the bed needing straps that will exceed the durability of the BRI bracket. If I do end up with another FWC I can easily remove the BRI Accessory Rail and reinstall the factory tie-downs for the turn-buckle anchors needed on the camper.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I had her detailed post hunting season.

6GGN6cw.jpg

Now she's got frozen sky piss all over her.

U9MlBFY.jpg

Tex68w

Beach Bum
My old man wanted some pics of his Gladiator so we hit the beach this morning. 37F with a wind chill of 28F is invigorating on the water lol. 2021 Gladiator Rubicon on a Clayton 2.5" lift with 37's. He did the Alpine Loop with me last summer and we are going to take it to Moab this year.

kDDGefm.jpg

HNO4JyS.jpg

EIMAlYL.jpg

TexasSixSeven

Observer
My old man wanted some pics of his Gladiator so we hit the beach this morning. 37F with a wind chill of 28F is invigorating on the water lol. 2021 Gladiator Rubicon on a Clayton 2.5" lift with 37's. He did the Alpine Loop with me last summer and we are going to take it to Moab this year.

kDDGefm.jpg

HNO4JyS.jpg

EIMAlYL.jpg
That’s a great looking Gladiator!

TexasSixSeven

Observer
Tell him it needs 40's.
That’s the most dangerous thought of all time. Next thing you know it’s a Saturday late at night, and you’re a few too many bourbons deep browsing the Currie website. Next thing you know you’ve got a $12K order for a couple Dana 60s. A few months later you’re finally getting out of the doghouse with the wife and the whisky is tasty mighty fine again and the 6.4 sounds amazing. Sure would be a waste of such fine axles to keep that little 6 cyl in it 🤣

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That’s the most dangerous thought of all time. Next thing you know it’s a Saturday late at night, and you’re a few too many bourbons deep browsing the Currie website. Next thing you know you’ve got a $12K order for a couple Dana 60s. A few months later you’re finally getting out of the doghouse with the wife and the whisky is tasty mighty fine again and the 6.4 sounds amazing. Sure would be a waste of such fine axles to keep that little 6 cyl in it 🤣

I think you could run the BFG 39's which we all know measure small with a simple flat fender swap and some strengthening of the 44's. This was my suggestion to my father as he has tons of room still with the 37's but with his braces and Muscular Dystrophy he's doing well just to get in it as it sits. If it should be around still one day and it's left to myself I will certainly throw some 60's under it and slap it on 40's with a bobbed bed and it'll become a trailer queen for off-road parks and trips out west.

Last edited:

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
cough-cough-cough.gif

6.4..... Hmmm.... or:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner