Imperial Outdoors Xplore XR22

ROA-OFFROAD

Supporting Sponsor / Approved Vendor
True. IMO on flat roads you will be fine and I believe I will be too. It's the steeper trails where it's an unknown for me.
Ive towed it on several trips with my 2018 f150 3.5 ecoboost. Tows pretty well. There are some sway issues we have come to recognize are present for just about everyone. So we just finalized a mod for a sway controller for the x22 and xr22. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

ROA-OFFROAD

Hello Everyone, Josh here from ROA. We specialize in the xplore models. Any questions you have let me know. Happy to help.

RMJ64

Those would be very important things to report to your dealer. Imperial cares deeply about their product. So please reach out to your dealer to get this resolved. If you have any issues let me know. Joshk@rvsofamerica.com
Thank you Josh! ROA rocks!
Did more troubleshooting. Opened the wirebox under the wardrobe, and found there is a short at the battery terminals(see picture), which resulted in fast drainage of batteries. At BAT+ connector, there are two wires with 30A fuses that didn't go thru the fuse box. One of them goes to solar controller, and had no issue. But the second one was causing the short, I don't know where it goes,? As soon as I removed the fuse on that wire, electrical short went away and everything became fine.
Question: do you know what is this wire for, and where does it go? Even I have it disconnected, seems I still have all the functionalities.

Thanks again

Attachments

• 20210812_083426.jpg
    20210812_083426.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

RMJ64

1) Basic operation is a tough question depending on how you are using it. I ran some test with mine the AGM Bluetop batteries only have about 1500 Watts of useable power so can't go very long without reasonable solar power each day or a generator. 2-3 days without good sun or a generator is all you are going to get out of them. When you say reasonable use mine is typically like having the fridge running (at one of the lower or medium settings) have some internal lights on and then having like the water pump run here and there and fan or lights over the stove or maybe your MaxFan. Just a scenario like that is drawing 12-17 Amps if you do that over 4 hours from like 6-10 a night you are going to start draining the battery about 25-30% for that one night through morning if the fridge is running. 100% capacity is 12.8 V which will only read 80% on your solar controller you can only hit a 100% when you have sun out. With this basic scenario you are going to go from 12.8V to 12.5 or 12.4V for the night. On a very sunny day you can probably get back to 12.8 and your fridge can run on solar during the day, however if it is cloudy or partly cloudy you won't get back to 12.8 and you will start your next night at 12.6 or 12.5 and then one more night of basic use will take you to 12.1 or 12.2 - leaving you about one more day to go assuming you get some sun. This doesn't account for using al the systems if you want all the outdoor lights on for a long time and use the TV, etc. you are going to drop much faster.

I carry an 100 watt solar panel that I have a quick connect into the batteries this allows me to feed 300 watts in which the batteries can't really absorb if fully sunny but allows me on partly sunny days or cloudy days to get a more amps in there or when I am parked in the shade get towards the sun otherwise the 200 watts on the top our useless. I also use a Solar Generator Bluetti and top my battery off each night on days it was cloudy or I start trending down.

2) I used my warranty and they have fixed all items I have outlined

3) I check my batteries using a Voltometer I put it around the battery wires and can see the AMPS coming in and going out. If I had short even if everything was turned off I would be losing Amps outside of a very low draw that the solar controller uses.
Thanks so much! Very helpful.
How did you get in touch with imperial? My dealer has not put me in touch with them. Should I simply reach out thru their " info@imperial" email or you have a better suggestion?

I literally did as you noted, and with help of multimeter found a culprit short at the BAT+ connector inside the wirebox under the wardrobe. See picture below, There are two wires with 30A fuse that have not gone thru the fuse box. One goes to solar controller, which is fine. Second one goes into the bundle and get lost in the mix. As soon as I removed that fuse, short was removed and batteries are fine now. Curiously, everything seems to be functioning too! So I'm baffled what is the faulty wire for? Any idea? (Picture below. Two wires with fuse, I have removed the fuse of faulty one)

Attachments

• 20210812_083426.jpg
    20210812_083426.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

ROA-OFFROAD

How did you get in touch with imperial? My dealer has not put me in touch with them. Should I simply reach out thru their " info@imperial" email or you have a better suggestion?

I literally did as you noted, and with help of multimeter found a culprit short at the BAT+ connector inside the wirebox under the wardrobe. See picture below, There are two wires with 30A fuse that have not gone thru the fuse box. One goes to solar controller, which is fine. Second one goes into the bundle and get lost in the mix. As soon as I removed that fuse, short was removed and batteries are fine now. Curiously, everything seems to be functioning too! So I'm baffled what is the faulty wire for? Any idea? (Picture below. Two wires with fuse, I have removed the fuse of faulty one)

I will look into this. Ill get with my techs and find out the answer.

I have reached out to Imperial both through email and through my dealer. Your dealer should be taking care of this though. I have run everything through our dealer and only asked a few questions to Imperial. I would have a chat with your dealer and ask them to service the vehicle based on the warranty.

RMJ64

I have reached out to Imperial both through email and through my dealer. Your dealer should be taking care of this though. I have run everything through our dealer and only asked a few questions to Imperial. I would have a chat with your dealer and ask them to service the vehicle based on the warranty.
I emailed to info@imperial but no reponse yet.. Do you mind sharing any other contact info?
My dealer is doing a horrible job.

I emailed to info@imperial but no reponse yet.. Do you mind sharing any other contact info?
My dealer is doing a horrible job.

I used the same email you have, maybe you can look for another certified dealer to answer your questions or work on the trailer I assume they get paid by Imperial to do the work so anyone that sells them could maybe help you out? Sorry to hear that your dealer is not living up to their contract and commitments I might let Imperial know that as well they might want to drop them as a representative of their product. Sorry to hear that you are having issues.

rainbowdash

Unfortunately I have discovered that despite the over the top marketing that a lot of dealers will use to claim the X22 is the highest quality, there are still many many issues with them. There is currently a user on the Facebook group who is going through a really frustrating experience with multiple factory defects, poor manufacturing materials, and lack of quality control. I think any potential buyer should be really careful before buying into a dealer hype regarding the X22. It may be insulated, but beyond that buyer beware.

Mts

Ive towed it on several trips with my 2018 f150 3.5 ecoboost. Tows pretty well. There are some sway issues we have come to recognize are present for just about everyone. So we just finalized a mod for a sway controller for the x22 and xr22. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Mts

Can you provide some more detail. Is this something that we could install. Do you have weight distributing capability?

suebee237

Can anyone tell me the details of the batteries that come with the 2020 xr22? What are the amp hours and are they lithium?

SuperSolarDude

Can anyone tell me the details of the batteries that come with the 2020 xr22? What are the amp hours and are they lithium?
Unless I'm mistaken, all the 2020 models still had the Optima blue top batteries installed which are agm batteries. Their biggest one is listed at 75ah and since they're agm, only half of that is usable. So at most, 75ah between the two of them. The newer models are using lithium from VPR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven