InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Laws differ everywhere, but in WA you can have all the windows except the front Drivers and passengers and windshield as dark as you want. Black paint is OK

Not exactly. Here is the law in WA.

The maximum level of sunscreening material to be applied to any window, except the windshield, shall have a total reflectance of 35% or less, and a light transmittance of 24% or more. RCW 46.37.430

bdog1

Adventurer
Being here in FL, a flat black roof would heat the inside of the van in the sun. Not sure if that's an issue in CO?

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

Cole

Expedition Leader
A black roof probably wouldn't be much different than a dark maroon roof.

My entire Eurovan is black and it's never created an issue.

java

Expedition Leader

The maximum level of sunscreening material to be applied to any window, except the windshield, shall have a total reflectance of 35% or less, and a light transmittance of 24% or more. RCW 46.37.430

Yes but the rear windows are not included. Thats the max for the passenger and drivers side. (hence panel vans are perfectly legal with only the 3 front windows)

Cole

Expedition Leader
Yes but the rear windows are not included. Thats the max for the passenger and drivers side. (hence panel vans are perfectly legal with only the 3 front windows)

:coffeedrink:

Cole

Expedition Leader
Got a coup loft packages today.

Got the climate control unit back from the repair shop. Didn't have time to install it. But it will be nice to test all the climate control functions. Will be nice to actually have control over the system instead of using a fog light switch to switch the fan on/off. Cost $77+ $24'shippong. So hope it works:smiley_drive:

Next was the Mercedes grill. Got the one with the honeycomb "gun drilled" look to it. Figure it would flow more air and look cooler.

I only had about 20min to work on this. It felt good to get rid of the overly chrome Mr. Potato Head grill and install the one that it was obviously supported to have.

I wanted to slip it in there and decide on on a few things. First, the lower trim piece is normally painted body color. I planned on leaving mine black to make the grill area appear slightly larger and more aggressive. It was nice of Mercedes to put so many stickers on it:coffeedrink:. Secondly, the hood of this van has obviously been painted and kinda poorly. The area where the Dodge grill was mounted to the hood, and the emblem are defiantly a slightly different color and have a pretty solid ridge defining the area. I'm considering doing this 1" ish tall area with black Bedliner like a "mini bra" stone guard area. Probably do the lower trim piece and this strip to match. Should link good and make the grill look slightly larger.

Any thoughts on blacking out the Mercedes emblem?

12078120775_75ea2e7a3b_b_d.jpg

12078109225_0596052fde_b_d.jpg

12078402553_188006e3b6_b_d.jpg

12079020776_b7a4a3f713_b_d.jpg

Also got my registration done today and started working on some metal door pockets with a friend. Will have pictures of those later.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Is it weird that I actually like the silver with the maroon? Bedliner on the bottom would look good as well...

Nice work, LOVE the new Grille.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I kinda liked the silver at first too! But, there is just something about it that bugs me. Looks a little "RV" first off and then I also keep seeing junky cars with the same paint scheme.:coffeedrink:

Cole

Expedition Leader
I've done a bunch of little things to the van that probably aren't very exciting. Got the heater control back from being refurbished but still don't have control over any of the functions. Which also means the espar diesel furnace still doesn't work.

Stumped on that for the moment, I called the rebuilder and am waiting on a call back.

In the meantime I realigned a few doors to kill some rattles.

Took a look at the factory 2 speakers to see why they weren't hooked up......think I figured it out:coffeedrink:

12124693463_1cb3364dbc_b_d.jpg

Took off the chrome semi truck front license plate mount. Figured I would just paint it black since I hate chrome. Then I ended up just leaving it off all together.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Also snapped a couple of quick pics to show the size difference between the Sprinter and my Eurovan Westy.

12125637134_eb84340c7d_b_d.jpg

12125512303_9ee1d8bb7d_b_d.jpg

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
You say controls but I had an issue with a old Dodge van where metal hinges for the flaps that control air flow rusted shut and would not free up. Just wondering if this may be an issue since the vehicle is from up north

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Cole

Expedition Leader
You say controls but I had an issue with a old Dodge van where metal hinges for the flaps that control air flow rusted shut and would not free up. Just wondering if this may be an issue since the vehicle is from up north

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'd thought about that and checked the two push/pull cables that attach to the back of the unit. They seem to move fine. They move like they are attached to flaps, not free moving and not hard. I also looked around for signs of a heater control valve or similar that might not be working. Looks like I may need to dig a bit deeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven