InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Cole

Expedition Leader
Any chance of seeing the "hammock" becoming available to the public. It may be the perfect solution in a multi purpose van.

It will be available very soon! We are just ironing out the details.

I've been abusing the prototype as much as possible to finalize any changes.

The whole point it to have a very useful bed for multi purpose vans. Most of us don't use a bed 100% of the time. Also nice to just fold it up to get it out of the way. No big boards to store.

What van do you have?

ober27

Adventurer
Haven't bought a van yet. Up 'til now I've had pickups, jeeps and motorcycles. As I approach the half century mark I want to spend less time in tents. Reading threads here on Expo have convinced me I'd like to try a van. Not sure which one yet, we've looked at a few full size GM and Fords, may also consider an Astro.
Do you anticipate the hammock being available in different sizes for different vans?

Cole

Expedition Leader
It may be eventually available in a small and large.

The big one should fit all Sprinters, Transits, ProMasters, and other FSVs. A smaller one may need to be made for things like the Astro

Darkrider

Adventurer
Whoa...finally got caught up on this! Lots of nice changes made i see! Now i gotta ask where exactly does one go about finding that aluminum track material you have all over inside the van?

Cole

Expedition Leader
19033129640_fb029c1cc9_o_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
We just picked up some stand up paddle boards! This is a new activity for us. But one we can do with our toddler! She loves being on the board, which is really cool to see.
c62f1a582d6e29b008b1d9b6f4913fde.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Hammock testing at the lake! There are 2 adults and one toddler laying on this right now.

19240128915_fb59b1e6bc_o_d.jpg

RickM

Observer
I find a lot of similarities between what I wanted and what you wanted. I have two kids though so I did the sienna seats. I also built these small aluminum brackets that I mounted into the body of the back of the van. I can fit my bags in first, then put my MTB's on a wooden mounting setup in over them. Gave me back my cargo space, without blocking my view to much. I also have a roof basket for the really long trips, like the Dallas to Vail for 2 weeks we just got back from. Hauled 6 bikes, fishing gear, RC stuff for the kids, all of our cloths, and two dogs. The van was spectacular.

Here is my struggle though. I do plan to haul my travel trailer a lot with me van. It is only a 12 passenger, is not diesel, and does not really have any lift to speak of accept the leveling kit and larger tires/wheels, but no 4x4 yet! I have noticed pulling my trailer, that my rig really does not pull quite as well as I had hoped, but I do have a small'ish trailer with a massive tongue weight. I have wondered about adding a spring to the rear end, or something like that, but for now, we are simply using our WDH system and are making due. Anyway, FYI, you may find you will want to shore up the rear end to tow with it. You mentioned the stabilizers. There is a guy who posted a link on a ford forum about the ford factory stabilizer mount that mounted to the frame of the ambulances. I mounted that on mine and it made a significant improvement, and the bracket was about $50. Regardless nice van, and have a ball. I will enjoy watching your progress with this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven