Interco LTB 34X10.50-16LT

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Is anyone running the Interco LTB in a 34X10.50-16LT? I'd love to see some pics. If I saw a lot more jungle trips I'd love to try a set of these.

http://www.intercotire.com/tires.php?id=7&g=1

61bksdpc1azz_sm.jpg

mtap6uryfevutl_sm.jpg

nyjgpqlocong21_sm.jpg

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
The web site does not say it specifically, but the LTB and narrow SS are both bias ply construction not radial. Interco is also not known for their ability to make a tire completely round, so if high speed running is in the plans, keep that in mind. A trail only rig makes balancing and high speed considerations moot however.

reece146

Automotive Artist
I had Interco Truxus. Biggest waste of money ever on tires.

Stay away - they are garbage tires unless you are building a buggy. Even then I wouldn't run them.

ncj7

i had a set of 34X10.5X15s LTBs on my CJ7 in high school, they were an excellent tire. I never had any issues with flat spots, or being out of round as I read about. I drove about 70 mph from time to time (half hour trips) but they were best off road like they are designed for. I wheeled all over Massachusetts/Vermont and they really excelled in the rocks and mud.

Neal

Scoutn79

Adventurer
A friend runs the 15" version on a Scout. They are very noisy and wear fast....He likes them enough to keep buying them though...He does swap them out for street tires between trips.
Darrell

grimbo

Explorer
I ran the 34x9.50x15 on my Samurai, awesome tyre that worked beautifully under the light vehicle. Drive really well on road as well, I had them on for about 7 years and they had many years left in them

attachment.php

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
My next set of tires will likely be the radial swamper in a 34x10.50 size, but that may be awhile because my km2's are at about 80% and only see about 2k miles a year.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I had Interco Truxus. Biggest waste of money ever on tires.

Stay away - they are garbage tires unless you are building a buggy. Even then I wouldn't run them.

The Truxxus is a different animal than the LTB so I'm not sure what this adds to the conversation. If you're looking to buy ANY Interco tire expecting it to act like a BFG or Goodyear on the road then you will be disappointed. That's not their market nor their intent. In any event, I've been satisfies with my Truxxus for the past 8 years. So you know what they say about opinions....:)

Rot Box

Explorer
I ran the 34x10.50 LTB's on my 79 Toyota for awhile. As expected they did very well off road in all conditions. Soft tread and deep lugs made for very good traction and I loved the size. On road--typical bias Swamper. Ugh...

I wouldn't run them on a heavy rig or one that sees a lot of street time. Dedicated trail rig? Absolutely.

bob91yj

Resident **************
I love my Interco's for a rugged off road tire. They have proven to be damn near flat proof for me despite the abuse that I put them through. I've even run my TSL/SX's on extended road trips that included significant amounts of pavement.

2011bajaextravaganza257.jpg

We even ran them on the race Jeep in some state side Jeepspeed races until General's became the spec tire (we hated the General's).

Despite that, there is no way in hell that I'd want to run them on my truck and have to live with them every single day.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I use a 34x9.50 as a spare because its as tall as a 35 and takes up less space. It's got the most aggressive knobs that you can buy and would be good for the jungle you speak of. The first LTB's were made in America and were good but my understanding today is that on hot roads they melt like butter. The TSL was always a better tire but things may have changed. The TSL SX is the best and toughest tire swamper makes as mentioned by Bob so if you can make those work you are good to take on anything. I'm running high dollar Radial BFG Krawlers now and like the smooth balanced ride on the road but would go back to a TSL SX for hard core off road rig in a heartbeat. Bead locks and very low air pressure will be your freind with any Swampers. They other thing to mention is that Swampers don't run true to size. Some are as tall as advertised and some run short. I saw a 38" skinny tire that was only as tall as a 36" so a quick call to the nice folks at Interco is always wise before you order.

LR Max

Local Oaf
If you want the maximum off road performance out of your tires, the LTB is a GREAT tire to get it out of.

Darn things work GREAT in ALL off road terrain. Rocks, mud, you name it! Generally they are a "no compromise dedicated off road tire" IMO. My old roommate had a set on his jeep. Typical Swamper tire on the road as others have said. Loud and not as smooth of a ride as radials. I remember his TJ slipping around a lot in the wet with those tires.

I run the 34/9.5/15s on my rover with beadlocks. Same deal, off road, air down to 10 psi...the truck is pretty much unstoppable and rides beautifully off road. On road it sucks big time. Half is the TSL, the other half is the beadlocks. If I trailered my rover to events, then I would run these more often.

98dango

Expedition Leader
No you will never get mileage out of a swamper. I have owned more sets of Interco tires than most LTB IROCK BOGGER TSL/SX TSL . I have had them in sizes from 29-44. i got 40k on a set on my 88 Stanford and 15 on my big heavy.service truck. Never had a out of round problem i could be lucky. I have torn open 5 Goodyear mtr tires flat destroyed. Bfg mt and 1 bfg at. I will have swamps on my next finished project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maynerd Mowat