IntrepidXpedition 2007

IntrepidXJ

Explorer
Purple People Eater said:
Intrepid, where did you get your hood louvers? I've been looking for a pair for a while now. Do you suggest them for the hot-running 4.0 Cherokee?

They are off a LeBaron Turbo. If your XJ is running hot, I would first recommend fixing what is wrong with the cooling system.....after that is resolved, then you can add the vents to help a little :)

IntrepidXJ said:
They are off a LeBaron Turbo. If your XJ is running hot, I would first recommend fixing what is wrong with the cooling system.....after that is resolved, then you can add the vents to help a little :)

Mine isn't running hot, right at about 200. But the asphalt on the Arizona highways can make it 130 degrees, so I just want some of the heat to escape. It isn't a fix, just a precaution. I'm doing a trip similar to yours in August, pulling a small trailer, so I figured it would be a fairly just modification.

*edit* The "hot-running 4.0" comment is for that engine in general, since it has the tendency to run hot and overheat.

Last edited:

mightymike

Adventurer
Randy-What would be the latest dates in the fall be to hit some of the trails you did in the San Juans without having to worry about the roads being closed?

blaze one

Adventurer
Nice pictures .

Might be a odd question , but do you turn off your engine when you get out of your jeep to take the pictures ? Or do you leave it running ?

IntrepidXJ

Explorer
blaze one said:
Might be a odd question , but do you turn off your engine when you get out of your jeep to take the pictures ? Or do you leave it running ?

depends how long i am stopping for. if i am stopping to do some short hiking and exploring on foot in the area, i turn it off. but most of those pictures were short stops where i left the engine running.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz