Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I’d love to see some pics. DM me if needed. I’m thinking with a little spacing, some snubbers, and a little off set to the drivers side, I might be able to fit a 37.

seekoutbeauty

I’d love to see some pics. DM me if needed. I’m thinking with a little spacing, some snubbers, and a little off set to the drivers side, I might be able to fit a 37.
I think a 37 is gonna be too large unless you have it higher on the door and also have it stick out past the bar so that its overlapping the bar...
The issue with having it extend further is going to be leverage. The weight of mine is around 89 pounds. The mount was about 7 pounds all in. a 37 is gonna be heavy and with it pushed out... I would be sketched out a bit.

1MVTbZ0.jpg

ABR565K.jpg

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Picked up my truck today from OK4WD. The Canopy Camper is terrific and the install (including water tank, fireplace, solar, awning, suspension, and tons of other bits) came together flawlessly. A giant shout out to Rin and Chuck at OK4WD for putting up with all my questions and helping me sort out the details. They are a great crew. Excited to get started on the interior benches, table, etc...

View attachment 629379

Thanks Jim and excited to see what you create!

seekoutbeauty

Sooooo.... I am excited right now.. and I think you guys/gals should be too!

I a few weeks back I dropped my truck off at Goosegear to allow them to get their hands on the camper in person and take another look at some of the things they might be able to do.
They made some modifications and some tweaks and also got the creative juices flowing.
I dropped my truck off again Monday morning and allowed them to do their thing...

There are a few of you in here that want to have sleeping platforms for kiddos and pets... and they answered that call.
They also made a bench to sit on... they made tables for you to use in the camper and play cards on... they made a platform for you to store really large things on (Slide objects too big for the back door through the side door... There is a joke here - HUSH)
The possibilities and options are limited only by your imagination.

I have a few things I am going to add to the camper this weekend and next week and then I will post up a youtube walk around so you guys can get a better feel for it.

I have to say... the group of owners in here and the vendors that @rino has included in these build outs have truly made the Canopy Camper the ultimate midsize overland setup.
SO STOKED RIGHT NOW!

qqPFo0s.jpg

Last edited:

SoyBoy

"these build-outs has truly made the Canopy Camper the ultimate midsize overland setup"

I've been looking for a stretch on what rig I wanted to get for travel on roads a bit more challenging than just forestry roads. As soon as I saw the ACCC a few weeks back I knew that it would be - as you said - the ultimate midsize setup... Installing one on my newly acquired Tacoma in mid-January.

SoyBoy

Ok Im finally selling my Alu Cab Explorer Canopy, Autohome RTT, and Drifta drawers setup and moving over to a Canopy Camper. I blame @psychosquirrel @rino and Hans for "encouraging" me to make the change. Haha See you soon Rin. ;)

DSC06905

798F9952-992E-40DD-B3D8-33E5D6D9240C

DSC06930 (1)

Hey HudsonZ - Interesting that you have progressed through 2 truck-based setups. At this stage in your game - could you elaborate on what prompted you to switch your setup. Also how & why you came about choosing the accc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman