iPad Mount

scottma

Observer
What do you think is the best Ipad mount for a Discovery II ? The Ram a can looks like it might work. Has anyone used one? I wonder if it would be stable enough ?

Thanks

Last edited:

yubert

Explorer
Onyx laptop mount

I'm using an Onyx mount with a netbook in my Disco2. The Onyx mount installs in the Disco2 without and cutting or drilling required. There's also an adjustable tray that might fit an iPad. Eventually I'll switch to an iPad or an Android tablet.

See link below for more details.
http://www.dura-mounts.com/products/Onyx-Laptop-Mount-200A.html

Attachments

• DSCN8616.JPG
    DSCN8616.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN8618.JPG
    DSCN8618.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN8621.JPG
    DSCN8621.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN8628.JPG
    DSCN8628.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 144

mikelite80

Adventurer
I'm waiting on the new Ram mount. Hope it works! I'm a little worried about the flexible arm. Hope it doesn't sag once it starts bouncing around. Even if it sags a bit this looks like the best thing so far. If it doesn't work off-road it will work great in the work truck. Every time it gets to the estimated shipping date they push it back another week or two.

1ipad6.jpg

Last edited:

mikelite80

Adventurer
My Ram mount just came in! Here is the first attempt at it's position. Haven't driven with it yet, but seems like it's going to be perfect. Ignore my hand in the pic, just trying to block some sun.

web.jpg

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
I tested a RAM mount and a ProClip mount for the FJ Cruiser. They both worked really well w/no sagging or major bouncing. I stuck with the ProClip as the main mount because it was a little closer to the dash & didn't block as much stuff. In many cases the RAM would work better though.

Honu

lost on the mainland
I tested a RAM mount and a ProClip mount for the FJ Cruiser. They both worked really well w/no sagging or major bouncing. I stuck with the ProClip as the main mount because it was a little closer to the dash & didn't block as much stuff. In many cases the RAM would work better though.

Do you have any pics :) and which models of the pro clip And mount as I see they have 4 dif FJ mounts and what ram did you have ?
I have the website but if you had any in your fj and any pros cons etc.. Would be great

Last edited:

mikelite80

Adventurer
About all it's seen so far is some mall action. It's pretty stable, it shakes a decent deal but the whole car shakes. The mount it self is solid, holds the iPad well. No worries of it popping out on a trail. If it pops you have bigger problems then holding your iPad! I could see some bulky cases having problems but anything that fits under the ears of the mount is ok. The "ball" head it mounts on works great. Passenger can easily turn it for their viewing or use.

GPS seems just fine. I haven't check what accuracy it will get yet, but when watching google maps it was right on. I know alot of people think the built in GPS isn't accurate enough but when it knows what side of the street I'm on, it's good enough for me.

This weekend heading down to Expo will be the first real miles using it. I'm looking into getting a new radio that will connect directly to the iPad and turn it into like the vehicle media center.

Over all I'm totally pleased with it so far. It's only $80 which compared to most of what we buy is dirt cheap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay2thaC