Is the Tundra enough truck?

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'll raise to an Acela.

acela.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
If the headaches aren't part of the fun, then they're absolutely the wrong vehicle. The 74mph top speed is a deal breaker for me, for now. That's the cruise speed of my F250 with a camper or small TT.

Clutch

<---Pass
If the headaches aren't part of the fun, then they're absolutely the wrong vehicle. The 74mph top speed is a deal breaker for me, for now. That's the cruise speed of my F250 with a camper or small TT.

I have had enough projects over the years... just want to get in and drive anymore. Not have to worry.

That and would be a height issue, the place I camped in the beginning of the week...while not too far back in...would of needed someone on the roof with a chainsaw to get that thing in there.

Clutch

<---Pass
I feel largely the same way. I want to be out camping, not building. And there are a whole lot of people out camping in the same spots I like to go with a whole lot less truck/capability... definitely making me rethink the next truck's requirements/build plans.

You don't need much. The vehicle I see the most up in the high country around here are Subarus. Majority of owners use it mainly to haul boots, bicycles, & kayaks...even saw a couple motos on a very light weight 3 rail trailer with one.

While I like exploring in the truck... prefer hiking, cycling, and moto over it. Feel you get to see more. You're in the scenery rather viewing behind a screen.

Last edited:

Mo4130

Adventurer
Real talk though. An addition to the family necessitates a bigger truck. No brand loyalty. I know Toyota’s last for ever and have been happy with my Nissan so a new titan isn’t out of the question I. Would think the tundra has more after market support than any of the big three. I’m torn. What ever I get will be used off road.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Real talk though. An addition to the family necessitates a bigger truck. No brand loyalty. I know Toyota’s last for ever and have been happy with my Nissan so a new titan isn’t out of the question I. Would think the tundra has more after market support than any of the big three. I’m torn. What ever I get will be used off road.
I came from a first gen Frontier to a second gen Tundra. I do like the new Titans and you get a lot of truck for the money. The only reason I have a Tundra is I let my wife pick out the truck and I will not make the Chevy, Dodge or Ford mistakes that I made when I was younger. Boy I'm lucky she didn't want a Honda Ridgeline. :)

Attachments

• 20180923_102436.jpg
    20180923_102436.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle