Island in the Sky - White Rim Road - Nov. 8 - 13th, 2011

aeon

Adventurer
Thanks so much everyone, glad you like the photos!

Off season is the best...you get the place to yourself (other than the kangaroo rats)
I agree, more peaceful :elkgrin:

I really like the stuffed animals, give a real bit of fun to the shots. So does the trail go all the way through now? I would like to do the White Rim again but I want to wait until it is repaired
With girls and stuffed animals, my husband was feeling outnumbered lol! The Mineral Bottom section is fully repaired now, and was in good shape. I'm glad we waited until we could do the whole loop :)

Tbars

Adventurer
...Thanks for answering so quickly...From what I had read, the back country permit is good for up to 3 vehicles...

daPitbull

Adventurer
Great photos. I read on some sites that wide vehicles are not recommended, do you think pulling an offroad trailer is out of the question? I've got a tentrax.

aeon

Adventurer
From what I had read, the back country permit is good for up to 3 vehicles...
I believe that is correct...

Great photos. I read on some sites that wide vehicles are not recommended, do you think pulling an offroad trailer is out of the question? I've got a tentrax.
The road is narrow with some tight switchbacks in places, but I would think any of the off-road type trailers should be good to go :)

Dirtytires

Explorer
what a joy to read and enjoy the pictures, Thank you for sharing them with us.. Do you have a lift on your Tacoma?

Brandon###

Thanks for sharing the pics! We're planning to hit up Moab in April. Can you tell me who makes that roof rack? Also, what kind of rack do you have in the bed for the RTT?

aeon

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

Do you have a lift on your Tacoma?
Yep, she's lifted :)

Can you tell me who makes that roof rack? Also, what kind of rack do you have in the bed for the RTT?
The roof rack is a Baja Rack with a DIY custom fairing. Bed rack is a Frontrunner Bakkie rack, but my husband had to heavily modify the bed rails etc. to get everything to work the way we wanted.

Here's the link to his build thread:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...ct-Serenity-an-08-Tacoma-DC-overland-build-up

r3run33

Adventurer
great trip and pics thanks for sharing them; also thanks for the link of your taco build! I was gonna ask about that rtt setup up also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad