Jeep JK spring options... I need some input.

lax71vcu

Adventurer
The ultra scientific test :sombrero: was completed in unloaded configuration. However.... When loaded I lost approx .5" to .75" of rear height bringing the vehicle to sit about level.

Ride loaded is much better. It doesn't wallow like a pig any more with the weight. Unloaded it corners much more flat and has significantly reduced body roll. As has been mentioned in previous posts by other individuals running the shock the front seems to be a bit stiffer than the rear so I contribute cornering to this factor. When hitting large expansion joints in freeway the front produces a bigger "jolt" (it is no worse then stock) than the rear as the rear tends to come over those much smoother.

I am still running the stock rubi shocks and think much of this will change when I throw on some OME or Fox "stock" replacement shocks. These shocks still net approx .75" more down travel so that will also help with the flexibility of the system off road. I will try to get those spring rates tonight!

lax71vcu

Adventurer
Stock springs on my 2010 JKUR were..........

18/58's

I hope this gives some insight.
Let me know what you think this will mean for how the Synergy springs will impact your current set-up. I would be curious!
Thanks

rick325

Stock springs on my 2010 JKUR were..........

18/58's

I hope this gives some insight.
Let me know what you think this will mean for how the Synergy springs will impact your current set-up. I would be curious!
Thanks

I started with 16/59. Here is what all I just did for my suspension mods:

Synergy 1" front and rear springs (8063-10, 8064-10)
JKS Front disconnects 0-2"
Rancho RS9000XL shocks (RS999326 front, RS999328 rear)

Perfection. My jeep is an 2013 JKU 4-door, lightly configured. TrekTop NX top, heavy wheel and tire on standard mount, and ACE rock rails.

The Synergy springs gave me 2.25" front, and 1.75" rear lift (I had 16/59 springs in there stock). This combination essentially leveled the jeep. Combined with the Rancho's (setting 3 all the way around) I have a ride that is much smoother than stock, soaks up normal road bumps, and is just more comfortable. The jeep is stiff in the corners and does not dive.

I have a 34" tire (285/75R17) which measures a true 33". On the scientific soda can test, I am now at sodacan + 1.5" but just installed everything. I expect it will settle a smidge lower.

Love it.

lax71vcu

Adventurer
Rancho 9000's huh??? I was thinking the same thing glad to hear you had such good results! I was also considering OME's but I like the flexibility of the adjustable rancho's. Glad your liking the set up.

the 285's are those on stock rims or aftermarkets? Any spacers?

I am trying to decide on a tire and am thinking about the 255/80/17 KM2's. I have had great luck with the BFG KM's that come on the Rubi. 90,000 miles on the original tires not too bad.

rick325

Rancho 9000's huh??? I was thinking the same thing glad to hear you had such good results! I was also considering OME's but I like the flexibility of the adjustable rancho's. Glad your liking the set up.

the 285's are those on stock rims or aftermarkets? Any spacers?

I am trying to decide on a tire and am thinking about the 255/80/17 KM2's. I have had great luck with the BFG KM's that come on the Rubi. 90,000 miles on the original tires not too bad.

Love the 9000s.

I have 285/75R17 on aftermarket ProComp 7069 wheels. 17x9 rims that have -6mm offset, 4.75in b.s. Here are a couple of pics. The outside shot is "before" and the garage shot is "after."

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 22
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 18

pilosopo

Adventurer
Made the switch from the Synergy setup to OME.

Simply needed a stiffer rear spring with the new roof tent.

Currently have the 620 rear installed, but I also purchased the 618 rears. Surprisingly, the Jeep rides even better than before even with the stiff springs, so I may leave it as is knowing it'll be perfect when really loaded.

Before
9aqu9u2y.jpg

After
ezejy6e3.jpg

Still waiting on everything to settle. At the moment gained about an inch in the front but about two in the back.

The photo doesn't show it but even with the half inch spacer in the back the Jeep was slightly low in the back like a prerunner with the roof tent on. It was hopelessly low with weight in the back, and handled poorly.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weeds

Adventurer
I have the OME heavy duty. Love the springs. The shocks only lasted to just past the warranty. Two of the four shocks were completely gone.

I switched to the Rancho 9000xl. The adjustment works well. I was taking 40 mph corners at 55+ on pavement. On a rocky washboard road 30 to 35 mph was no problem. I also aired the tires down to 22 psi.

The Ranchos have a lifetime warranty.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I have been looking around for new springs for my JKU. I have decided on the eibach leveling kit. 2-2.7" front and 1-1.4" in the rear. they are progressive and I can get rid of my stock springs that are starting to sag in the rear. I am running monroe reflex shocks and find them great. I want to add some extensions to them to compensate for the lift. have to look into that after.

the other thing is control arms and sway bar links.

lax71vcu

Adventurer
I have been looking around for new springs for my JKU. I have decided on the eibach leveling kit. 2-2.7" front and 1-1.4" in the rear. they are progressive and I can get rid of my stock springs that are starting to sag in the rear. I am running monroe reflex shocks and find them great. I want to add some extensions to them to compensate for the lift. have to look into that after.

the other thing is control arms and sway bar links.

with the Synergy 1" springs I added I didn't need to add sway bar links and I didn't add new shocks. I will be adding new shocks soon. Probably going with Rancho 9000xt or OME

Sway bar has been fine even disco'ed up front. I haven't thought about control arms yet but according to Synergy they aren't needed.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
yep, with 1" you won't. Im wanting 2 inches of lift, and with my teraflex leveling kit, I find my steering flighty. control arms will fix that. I am running their links too, but the bushings in them are ****.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater