Jeep unlimited lift kits.... What did you do?

Stepsride

i run the 3.5 x factor Rock Krawler lift. Overkill for what I am doing. If I were to do it again I would go for the Rock Krawler 2.5 MAX travel kit. It has four lower adjustable arms so you can adjust your caster and keep your drive shaft angles safe. The lower control arms are solid and give you extra insurance on rocky terrain. I would run the Rock Krawler shocks. They are fully adjustable to the ride you want. A much more complete kit than some mentioned. You can also build on to it if needed

Last edited:
ome

ome heavy duty springs bilstein shocks ( would have preferred ome but they were sold out) terraflex control arms . If you are going to load up that jeep with aheavy winch bumper and winch ( warn) get the heavy duty springs otherwise stock ride springs will sag under the weight and you have no up travel

Fhunter1

Adventurer
I went with the AEV 2.5 inch lift kit and the geometry correction brackets.

I also upgraded to 285/75R17 KM2s. Ride and handling are great. No complaints from the wife or myself. Check out AEVs site. I have never seen a bad review of the AEV suspension kits. Not the cheapest, but well worth it IMHO.

andysgreenxj

Observer
Check the guys out from Rock Krawler...Jeremy and Justin are a couple of really stand up guys, and their product really does show it...tell them Andy sent you...they'll really work to get you what you need.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I originally went with a Teraflex 2.5" kit. I have since yanked all of the springs and am running OME heavy load 2" lift springs now. Once I started outfitting the JKU with overlanding gear the body just kept sagging until I was near factory height again. The +300 Front/+600 rear OME springs have corrected that issue. Now steel front and rear bumpers, winch, MRBP/OCF Roof Rack, fridge, etc. have no effect on my ride height.

epiccosmo

Adventurer
AEV 2.5" lift was an incredible improvement to my JKUR. So much so that I went back and got their 3.5" kit to replace it. Really the best low cost kit out there if you are looking for something that will handle a load and improve your vehicles handling over stock while retaining easy to replace stock linkages and things of that nature.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
... If I were to do it again I would go for the Rock Krawler 2.5 MAX travel kit. It has four lower adjustable arms so you can adjust your caster and keep your drive shaft angles safe. The lower control arms are solid and give you extra insurance on rocky terrain. I would run the Rock Krawler shocks. They are fully adjustable to the ride you want. A much more complete kit than some mentioned. You can also build on to it if needed
Rock Krawler works great.

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
I took redthies advice on springs and bought a slightly used OME medium heavy lift kit. It got me exactly 2" loaded (bumpers, winch, etc) over stock unloaded JKUR ride height height. Mystock springs were sagging after I added an ARB bumper, Warn winch, AEV rear bumper, tire carrier and a hard top. JFYI, I had 18/59 factory springs. The former owner swapped it all out for a teraflex lift, but admitted to me later that he preferred the OME. I didn't get anything extra with the lift, just the springs and shocks. The only other suspension related item I have is some brake line extension bracket from ebay. I didn't feel the AEV suggested tie wraps attaching the stock brake lines to the shocks was a permanent fix, just a bandaid. Overall the linear springs I bought from OME have been great. I haven't experienced less suspension travel and it rides and handles better than before. I may add a rear track bar bracket later, but so far it handles great!

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
FWIW, before and after....
100_4460_zps77ddde8c.jpg

IMG_0776_zpsd836a2c8.jpg

SiliconTi

Stuck in the Mud
+1 more on the AEV - very impressive kit. I have the 3.5" and have used it on everything from dirt roads to 8-9 rated trails, and then drove 100 miles home like nothing happened.

gmwelder86

Adventurer
Anyone tow with the aev kit. Have a 2500 pound pop up. Looking at 300 pound younger weight give or take. Want to make sure they don't squat as much as the regular springs do with a loaded jeep

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I am interested to hear about this too. I would say OME are best for towing. I am running airbags for towing on my rig.

daveh

Adventurer
Anyone tow with the aev kit. Have a 2500 pound pop up. Looking at 300 pound younger weight give or take. Want to make sure they don't squat as much as the regular springs do with a loaded jeep

I also tow a pop-up although mine is much lighter. I can say that with the AEV lift there is only very slight drop with the trailer hooked up and the rear loaded with gear and a full cooler. A huge difference from my stock Rubicon springs.

nickmimi

Adventurer
We went with AEV 2.5 lifts on both JKs. Have been very happy. I tow a fully loaded offroad trailer and RTT plus the Jeep is fully loaded with gear and have not noticed any sag in the rear. Trading in my 2011 for a 2015 and will be installing another AEV lift.
20130907_162754_zps2c464faf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Summit hill Utah

20140518_143726_zpsykgcypxu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Overland expo this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater