Jeep Wrangler 2 door Gullwing door

mikebrewer

Almost finished! Take a look

well it took quite a long time but its finally starting to look like something. just needs powder coating and glass. let me know what you guys think.IMG_1533.jpgIMG_1531.jpgIMG_1530.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

Ryan Matthes

Adventurer and Explorer
was thinking about this exact thing earlier today - got the new edition of OJ and the G on the cover has these. I would definitely be in for a pair - but for a 4 door JKU. Any plans to scale these to the Unlimited? Nice work and keep it coming!

Gonzzo

Observer
That looks awesome!, can't wait to see the finished product! .

Can't thank you enough! !!...

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you! ....

Thank you! !!!....

mikebrewer

was thinking about this exact thing earlier today - got the new edition of OJ and the G on the cover has these. I would definitely be in for a pair - but for a 4 door JKU. Any plans to scale these to the Unlimited? Nice work and keep it coming!

after i finish the 2 door version, i will start to look at the unlimited window situation, as I'm aware the rollcage cuts the window in half on the inside but i could be wrong.

i get the glass in Monday and powder coating is finished the following monday so its very close to completion.

thanks for the interest

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
I hate to admit it but when I read the thread title I kinda cringed. Mental picture was Lamborghini doors on a jeep...haha.
So glad I looked and read through, very cool. I may have to try and replicate something similar for my Scrambler full top. Getting to stuff in the back can be a pain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TheDriver

Observer
JKU and an feature idea...

I've been looking for these for the JKU (09) hardtop for a long time - so far no luck with many threads and google searches. One thing I stumbled upon tonight is these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxFV2TReJME

I messaged them to see if they could do a JK version but given how different the window install is I'm not expecting much. The feature I found really cool about these is the mounted pals grid. In the JKU it could solve the issue of the roll bar being right in the middle of where you'd normally put a window box (like the defenders often have). In addition being able to get into the pouches from the inside and outside is pretty cool. If the hatches were built without it I'd probably just mount a metal pals grid in place behind the hatch to access from the outside :)

Anyway, glad to see all your progress on this - keep up the good work and share the love with the JKU crowd!

Chris

mikebrewer

its finally Finished! check it out

Any updates?......

FullSizeRender.jpg

just got back from Moab and Here it is all powder coated and everything! took long enough but I'm extremely satisfied with the result. hydraulic arms function perfectly and the seals keep the water out very well. Install was straight forward enough and it creates no whistling at speed and there aren't any rattles around town from it. please let me know what you think!!!

thanks everyone for being patient this has been somewhat of a side project for me and apologize for slacking on the updates.

please email me if you are interested in it or have questions( i can respond quicker that way) michaelbrewer097@gmail.com

Gonzzo

Observer
Sold!......
How much? .....
How long? .....
Both sides? .....
And most importantly, take credit cards? ...

Email outbound shortly! .....

Thanks for the hard work! ....

jeepn0811

Very nice. Ive been thinking about something similar to this. basically a storage box. How much for a set for a 4 door hard top?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal