Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

kb7our

Explorer
Talked to Mario this morning. He is shooting for March 10 as the assembly date to finish the top. As stated in his most recent post, John is going to sew two tents before he releases the first one.

Thus the waiting game continues...

John, any pictures you can share of the tent?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sounds promising! With another week behind us, is final assembly still on track for Saturday? I haven't seen anything from UMV so I suspect John is very busy completing sewing or hopefully even getting shipping ready. Do you have plans for any awnings at this point?

Last edited:

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
Latest Update on #1

Here is the latest updated. The first tent has been sewn. Waiting on an ETA for when it will be shipped to Prescott. At this point, I am going to guess that we are not on track for final assembly on 3/10.

Here is a picture of the tent before it was sewn together. Looks like the side access door has been incorporated. Excited to see it all put together.
web.jpg

As for the awning, I am going to hold off on it for the moment. Reasons being; I am going to live with it a little bit, then see what it needs. And Phoenix is not that far from Prescott, thus it will not be that hard to add at a later date.

kb7our

Explorer
Thanks for taking the time to share info AZU so that we have a sense of real progress and overall delivery outlook down the line. Looking good and I suspect that may be a J30 tent on the right. Nice to see some progress on fiberglass parts as well to fill open orders.

Last edited:

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
I spoke with John at UMV last night and the first tent is completed and is shipping out to us today. We expect to have it in house early next week and we'll take a day to fit to the top and make any final adjustments. 4 people have opted for the UMV tents and those units will be delivered first.

The second article tent from NEMO is on track for a March 14th delivery. It will take a day or two to fit and confirm all the deign changes. Once done and we give the thumbs up, we are expecting delivery of our first batch of NEMO tents mid April...in time to have a few fitted for OVX in May.

Woooohoooo!.....It's finally coming together!

kb7our

Explorer
I spoke with John at UMV last night and the first tent is completed and is shipping out to us today. We expect to have it in house early next week and we'll take a day to fit to the top and make any final adjustments. 4 people have opted for the UMV tents and those units will be delivered first.

The second article tent from NEMO is on track for a March 14th delivery. It will take a day or two to fit and confirm all the deign changes. Once done and we give the thumbs up, we are expecting delivery of our first batch of NEMO tents mid April...in time to have a few fitted for OVX in May.

Woooohoooo!.....It's finally coming together!

Great to chat with you the other day Mario about my forthcoming Habitat! Looking forward to hearing about the Nemo fitting. I certainly appreciate any other significant updates as production continues to ramp up to where you want it to be. Would surely love to have my unit in time for a June trip we have planned to Yellowstone and N Rim of the Grand Canyon on the return trip. Maybe I can even have the install done on the trip up as we're towing the JK with or without the Habitat heading up I17 - of course it will be more fun exploring up there with it mounted :safari-rig: for some side trips away from home base in West Yellowstone. Congrats on things coming together!

Last edited:

DingusKahn

Adventurer
Hey Mario, when you get the Nemo tent on a top for the test fit be sure to take a picture or two and post em up. We have to have SOMETHING to keep us waiting.:Wow1:

kb7our

Explorer
Hey Mario, when you get the Nemo tent on a top for the test fit be sure to take a picture or two and post em up. We have to have SOMETHING to keep us waiting.:Wow1:

Heck, even the new sleeker UMV tent mounted up all purdy on Unit 1 would be great to see when it arrives the next day or two! Maybe there will be some converts to this one in order to get some camping in sooner than later.

:peepwall: :box:

Last edited:

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
We are driving up to Prescott tomorrow morning to pick up the Habitat!!! I am still in disbelief it is actually ready.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
We are driving up to Prescott tomorrow morning to pick up the Habitat!!! I am still in disbelief it is actually ready.

Great news you are finally getting your hands on the Habitat....I have been very impressed with all of you that put down deposits in 2010 and have stuck it out waiting. Knowing the desire AT has to bring things to market the right way would make me feel better but I don't think I could have waited as long as you guys.

Now comes the best part.....the first trip report! Looking forward to pics & comments on the setup.

kb7our

Explorer

Alas some very good news! I hope nothing holds up production on any major parts so things keep rolling in time for most if not all of us to see some summer camping this year! If you can post up some pics and details from the install you know we would love to see them. I almost feel like driving up myself just to see your install. Congrats AZU!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk