Jeep Wrangler Habitat Official Release

mvbeggs

Adventurer
Yeah, it did rain quite a bit!

DK, yes we have had some opportunity to use the Habitat with NEMO tent and our spec fabric under some less than ideal conditions. Jeremy of Expedition Ops and I spent two nights in continual downpour in Ouray Colorado last year. ...

I can attest to that. We were also there in our Chaser. Luckily for Mario and Jeremy, they showed up on the 3rd day of the 5 days of drizzling, constant, rain. :( It was great weather....for ducks and to test for leaks. :)

mrshish

Observer
I just placed an order for a JKU last week so the clock is ticking for you guys to get this done and on the market before my Jeep shows up. :sombrero:

kb7our

Explorer
Whoever the lucky person is to receive the first production Habitat, whether with the J180 tent or Nemo, please do share some pics on what everything looks like - if you are
willing that is! I expect we will see several pop up in the coming months and I am probably not the only one interested in seeing the various color combinations plus finalized tents and such.

Last edited:

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
It just so happens I received a picture of unit #1's cap and shell loaded on a trailer in Prescott getting ready to go off to the painters. I'll post it up this evening. Additionally Mario sent a picture of a shelf above driver/passenger area. It all looks pretty cool thus far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jrueppel

Adventurer
That is good news to hear! Psyched to learn the first 10 are finally in the glide path to touch down. Is the shelf set up above the drivers head similar to the interior ECampers was showing off a couple of months ago?

kb7our

Explorer
It just so happens I received a picture of unit #1's cap and shell loaded on a trailer in Prescott getting ready to go off to the painters. I'll post it up this evening. Additionally Mario sent a picture of a shelf above driver/passenger area. It all looks pretty cool thus far.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks, AZU...Looking forward to hearing about the install time and labor (<30 min?) and more details about an actual production unit like tent refinements, time to open close tucking in fabric, final weight, etc. Will you be making it to Expo 12? I'm hoping my Habitat version will be ready by then but hard to say.

kb7our

Explorer
It looks like production is more than 2 weeks behind the last schedule given. Hope the next few speed up a bit.

I suspect it will once a production cadence is established including the supply chain. I hope there are no major delays considering summer camping is just around the corner - of course it's nearly always the season in parts of AZ.

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
It does exists - Pre-Paint Photos

Here are some of the pre-paint photos of #1. Last I talked to Mario, it was just finishing with the clear coat. I went with black as I'd like it to look as close to stock as possible.

On the trailer headed off to paint
web.jpg

Here's a shot of the shelf above the driver/passenger seat.
web.jpg

Thanks, AZU...Looking forward to hearing about the install time and labor (<30 min?) and more details about an actual production unit like tent refinements, time to open close tucking in fabric, final weight, etc. Will you be making it to Expo 12? I'm hoping my Habitat version will be ready by then but hard to say.

I'll take plenty of notes and pics when I pick it up. I'll also try and get my Jeep weighed before and after pickup. I've always wondered where it tips the scales at these days. I do plan on being at Expo 12. Perhaps we can circle up a bunch of the Habitats there.

Last edited:

kb7our

Explorer
Okay, updated the links. Can you see it now?

I can see them so presume others can as well. Great to see "progress"!!!!! I can make out a 12V outlet above the driver but not seeing the shelf. I'm going with black lower shell and Red Rock upper cap to match my JKU, thinking that contrast will look good with my setup. Looking forward to seeing the non-Nemo tent you are apparently getting. Thanks for posting these up for us! Good to hear you are going to check the scales before/after - that will be nice to know. I agree a Habitat row of sorts at Expo would be nice so hopefully they keep cranking these out!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk