Jeff's Cargo Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbendhiker

Re: Fold and tumble bench seat

First, you have a really great looking, well thought out trailer conversion. :bowdown:

Second, do you know where the brackets for the "fold and tumble bench seat" can be purchased?

Thanks, Scott

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
One more step completed.

So the DC portion of the electrical system is complete. All systems have been tested.
photo.jpg

Getting closer. Trying to find interior finishes I like.
This area wil be covered by a cabinet and will be accessed by a door.

Jeff

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 106

lilgription

Observer
Jeff I must say I love what your doing here. But I may be stupid or I may have missed something through the thread. So here goes my? If your trailer box is 5' wide and the wings looking to be a foot wide or so. For a total of about 7' . And it looks to be the same width as your truck which you stated was about 74". There's a 1' difference there. Lol so is the box a 4' wide model . Maybe I'm just missing something on small cargo trailers when they say 5x10 model are they actually meaning they are 5' tall and 10' long???

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
I think the trailer was sitting a little skewed when the photo was taken. The fenders stick out about 5" a side wider than the truck.
My statement was meant to show that the body of the trailer is inside the slip stream of the truck.
The 5" a side works because I can see the trailer in the side view mirror.
Next trailer I build will be 6' inside clear and the wheels will be set in wheel wells recessed into the side. Being able to sleep across ways is huge to the interior layout.
I can't wait to drag my trailer against some rocks or shrubs to see if they make a difference.

Getting close. Inverter shows up on Friday.

Jeff

lilgription

Observer
I think the trailer was sitting a little skewed when the photo was taken. The fenders stick out about 5" a side wider than the truck.
My statement was meant to show that the body of the trailer is inside the slip stream of the truck.
The 5" a side works because I can see the trailer in the side view mirror.
Next trailer I build will be 6' inside clear and the wheels will be set in wheel wells recessed into the side. Being able to sleep across ways is huge to the interior layout.
I can't wait to drag my trailer against some rocks or shrubs to see if they make a difference.

Getting close. Inverter shows up on Friday.

Jeff
Well my brain was going Into Jethro Bodines siphering there for a minute trying to figure that one out.LOL

Captm

Adventurer
I know you've been to many great places with the FWC and with that in mind what type of trails and destinations do you anticipate being able to do with the trailer? It would be fun to see photos of your trailer in the same location as the Eagle at Funnel Lake.
Cheers!

jim65wagon

Jeff, sorry I'm late to the party, but I have been a little busy. The Cargo Trailer is looking good! I like the running boards and stabilizers and I think the kitchen turned out very nice. Good work!

How are the Tacoma springs working out (if you've been able to try them out)?

Oh, and I like the Camo wrap (photoshop), too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach