Jeff's Cargo Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Jeff looking good man. Your project since its start have cursed me at looking at small enclosed trailers now LOL. For what its worth I like the cabinets.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
When do we get to see this puppy in the dirt? Got to be getting close. Looking good Jeff.

I see heart attack survivor, is that a trail or the real deal. Had the real deal May 24th 2008, and then a similar deal, but not a heart attack, who knows what it was, but it hurt like hell, worse than the real one. Cleaned all the plaque out and have been fine since. Keep the cholestrol under control guys. It is a killer and with some of us it is hereditary. Have it checked and pay attention to the Doc. I had done bicycle rides the morning of both of mine, both over 40 miles. Fitness has no power over cholestrol, trust me I know.

Nope, it was the real deal.I had wrecked a car in the desert the year before so I thought the pain in my back was a damaged disc. After I passed out from the pain a couple of times, my wife took me to emergency. LADA was 99% clogged. Stint goes in. I was a cyclist most of my life and they think that is what saved my life. My heart attack was from stress, bad eating habits and lack of exercise. I Never smoked. I was the King of red meat. Been vegan now for around six months. Big change, but I feel great. Even thinking about buying a mountain bike again.

Jeff

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Great to hear all is well. Same deal, cyclist, actually heart has healed. That does not happen very often. The read meat and cholesterol are killers no question, and none of us believe it until it is too late. Are you headed down to the OAUSA event in Redondo tomarrrow? Would love to see that bad boy upclose. Sure there is room.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I just found this thread! I guess thats what I get for not spending more time in the trailer section.

Looks good Jeff. Keep us posted.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Thanks.

Thank you for the compliment. Haven't been doing very much work on the trailer recently. Doing the hospital thing again. Tired of being sick.
I should receive my stainless steel water tank for below the trailer on Wednesday and then everything should start falling into place.
I think I am going to have a separate propane tank in the back for the stove. I never figured out how to run three separate devices that use propane when one of them requires a much higher pressure that the other two.
I want to take it out and play!

_DSC0002.jpg
Kitchen is done except for the finish on the wood.

Jeff​

loren85022

Explorer
I'm hiding that last pick front my wife. You shaming all us. Do you know the name of the wood you used for inside of rear doors?

Sent from my iToaster

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Paneling

It is beaded plank paneling from Lowes. I like it because you don't see it very often and it is pre-finished.
It is through out the interior.
Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Look what I got!

This is a gift from my stainless steel fabricator.
Almost too nice to stick under the trailer.
26 gallons. Guess what I am doing this weekend!
IMG_0195.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0194.JPGIMG_0193.JPG

Life is good!

Jeff

D

Deleted member 374434BT

Interested in the axle swap... Is the 3k axle with brakes an easy part to find?

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
And there it goes!

Almost too nice to stick up under the trailer.
_DSC0004.jpg
I left room above the tank for a layer of insulation.
_DSC0007.jpg
This is the support rail at the front side
_DSC0005.jpg
This is the back side
_DSC0009.jpg
Fitting location inside.
_DSC0010.jpg
This is a shot from the front. Tank hangs down 2 1/2"

Not as young as I used to be. Getting up and down and under the trailer kicked my but.
Looks like some soaking in the hot tub is in order.
Jeff

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
It is beaded plank paneling from Lowes. I like it because you don't see it very often and it is pre-finished.
It is through out the interior.
Jeff

Just to add some additional info... It's labeled as Baltic Birch bead board and is in the hardwood area usually... I've used a fair amount of it on my build too.

The water tank and Trailer look great by the way... I like that you did the kitchen first, I've been working on the living area first. We're going camping next weekend will be interesting with no place to store the food and cooking stuff.

What made you go with a metal water tank instead of plastic?

Don

-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater

Members online