Jeff's Cargo Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

loren85022

Explorer
I like the layout. The alum-cabinets might not be my first choice. You might like having access to sink (albeit from behind the faucet) and maybe the coffee maker from inside. I think i recall you did have frig access from inside.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Why aren't you happy? Looks pretty good!

Being a commercial general contractor, I am used to things being a little more exact and almost perfect.
These trailers are assembled in haste and not very square and true.
The fit is just not what I thought it would be. But I am not a millworker either.
Weight was more of a consideration.
Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
I like the layout. The alum-cabinets might not be my first choice. You might like having access to sink (albeit from behind the faucet) and maybe the coffee maker from inside. I think i recall you did have frig access from inside.

What did you use when you built your cabinets? FYI, just the panels of the doors are diamond plate. And I can change them anytime if I find something else I like.
I don't know how it is going to look because the latches I use are more of a brass color.
There is no acces from the sleeping area to the kitchen area.
In my FWC, I do like making coffee before going outside. But all of our cooking we do outside. We spend little time inside.

Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Jeff: The kitchen looks great! I do like the diamond plate, What are your ideas for wrap?

Thank you for your compliment(s).
Next I will do the back splash. Should add to the looks. Lights and switches later this week and then on the the plumbing.
As far as the wrap goes, I am thinking either a black, grey, silver and white camo or a silver wrap to match the truck.

Thanks.
Jeff

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
My wife said the same thing to me about wanting to make coffee or hot chocolate before we go out for the morning or before we go to sleep at night after I told her that the kitchen was only accessible from outside... My solution was a "jet-boil". Look them up. Pretty cheap and they work great. Basically a back-packing stove setup that's made for liquids. She's actually been making her hot-chocolate at the house with it because she said it tastes better than in the microwave or stove-top.

Don

-

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Thanks for the great idea. I am a little cautious about an open flame inside the trailer and the possible carbon monoxide they produce.
Actually, and I hate to admit it, there will be a 1000 watt inverter with an outlet inside, so if it becomes a big deal, we can bring a (gasp!) electric coffee maker.

Jeff:coffee:

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
Thats is it , you are no longer hard core. Such a let down!!!!

Looks great Jeff, and having the lovely other half with you, requires creature comforts, or at least makes having the other half comfortable, makes you less of a creature to her. Either way a happy mama, make camping much better.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
So true my friend! When the Queens happy, the Kingdom is happy!
We took the FWC up to Funnel Lake in the Sierras last year with some friends and she was hooked.
The FWC Eagle is just a little too small for her liking and I don't have any hot water.

Jeff

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Maybe I missed it, but what are you using for hot water in yours? I still haven't gotten through a plan for that part of mine.

Don

-

skersfan

Supporting Sponsor
When do we get to see this puppy in the dirt? Got to be getting close. Looking good Jeff.

I see heart attack survivor, is that a trail or the real deal. Had the real deal May 24th 2008, and then a similar deal, but not a heart attack, who knows what it was, but it hurt like hell, worse than the real one. Cleaned all the plaque out and have been fine since. Keep the cholestrol under control guys. It is a killer and with some of us it is hereditary. Have it checked and pay attention to the Doc. I had done bicycle rides the morning of both of mine, both over 40 miles. Fitness has no power over cholestrol, trust me I know.

Last edited:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Good question.
I still have a lot to do.
Starting on the water system. Was just measuring for the water tank.
I am coming up with 26 gallons. Wanted 30.
Made a couple of changes to the kitchen.
Have to figure out how to run the water heater and FAU on 11" WC and then a Partner Stove on 20 psi propane.

Jeff

ZR2nit

Adventurer
Okay you are way to nice, gotta ask, Bamer or Aubie!!!!

Jeff looken good, when are you taking that bad boy out to play?

If that question was to me then...Bama. Not to nice there is just a lot of talented folks on here. All I have is a stripped down M416 now used to haul bikes and four wheeler because the Mrs. hated it as a RTT trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater