Jiro's diesel Xterra

roninjiro

Explorer
Just did a test drive and she ain't shifting the way she should so I will have to address that problem here soon... think the tranny is low on fluid. Probably need to look into the electronics as well

deadbeat son

Explorer
Just did a test drive and she ain't shifting the way she should so I will have to address that problem here soon... think the tranny is low on fluid. Probably need to look into the electronics as well

Interesting. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's only low fluid for you.

roninjiro

Explorer

that is with just the turbo down pipe. I went ahead and ordered another flange kit to break the exhaust up a little so that will be here wednesday or so. I took the vid because I took the truck out to reorganize my tiny garage. As far as driving goes, once the exhaust flange is in my hands and i add it to the exhaust... gonna go for a short, then mild, then long test drive. first road trip will be to Houston to go pick up and install my shrock bumpers

skibum315

Explorer
Love the sound of that thing, even if it is with no exhaust. Awesome work on the swap!

If you're 'done' with your build and looking for a vacation, you should bring that thing up to goneMOAB (www.gonemoab.com) next year; happens the week before Memorial Day.

roninjiro

Explorer
Depending on what my new job allows, and what I have saved up.... I will be there. I can't believe I used to live less then 4 hrs away from Moab and never been.

bobDog

Expedition Leader
-
I take in a statements like California, Massachusetts, or Oregon one would not be able to pass smog, or make a diesel Xterra street legal?

OR. Has no smog or safety test except for Portland city proper. Build anything you want...just needs lights and no bald tires.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

nasko

Adventurer
I reread the whole thread again, man, that was a bit of work :) but I think it was worth it. Hope it goes well in the future and the X treats her new engine nicely :) Great job

Slicky72

Adventurer
So glad you got that beast running. I will be curious to see how loud it will be when you get the exhaust finished. For me that would be the deal breaker ,yes it sounds cool but after hours of driving it would drive me crazy. I love how quiet the 3.3 L is when cruising down the road.

Cheers!

nasko

Adventurer
I personally like it even as it is, the sound is definitely not a problem I would think. The only reason that I am not trying this is my skills, eeh, the lack of my skills:)
IMO that is how all Xterra's should be

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk