JK Lift: AEV 2.5 and Correction Brackets, 35x11.5

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
My son just bought a 2015 JK Rubicon Hardrock M6. He wants to run the AEV 2.5 and 35x11.5R17 on Stock Rims. Adding to the suspension, he'd wants to do geometry correction brackets. Rounding out with a new Fox Steering stabalzer.

Should he just buy the AEV correction brackets or another brand?

We'll put in the metal cloak bump stops bumpers and adjust overall bumpstop height as needed (if needed).

Anything we should look out for with this setup? Current setup is 100% stock suspension with $126k miles.

Hegear

You will need wheel spacers if keeping stock rims. My son has 35x10.5 kenda and he needed 1inch. It still rubs slightly on sway bar at full lock and full articulation. You may want to consider 1.25.

DCH109

Adventurer
Get the AEV brackets for everything if you can. I have the 2.5 on my 2015 and while I only have 33" tires, I can say there is zero wander, bump steer or any other issues. I have driven over 5000 miles and so far the best lift I have done.

I went one step further and got the AEV wheels and removed any problems I would have running larger tires.

ZONE ZERO

I’m just about to do an install on this same kit on my 18 jku, I order it with the correction brackets.
the only thing I added that was not AEV was an old man emu steering stabilizer and the flip bracket to rase it up out of the way.
prior to about a month ago I was running 255/85r17 mickey Thompson baja boss ATS with no rub on anything with a simple spacer lift On stock wheels, they came out to a 34.5x10.5 if that helps.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
You might want/need sway bar extension links, and I would highly recommend upgraded track bar and drag steeling components from Synergy, Steer Smarts, RPM, or similar. Metal Cloak has them too. After 126k miles, all those joints are worn out and prone to death wobble or just not tracking very well on 35's.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Roughly 150k miles on my AEV 2.5 with correction brackets and I love them. All of the scary brake dive / steer went away.

Interestingly, at 171k, my rear trac-bar popped in half in the parking lot at work. Very obvious signs of fatigue cracking. That was a bit of a surprise and I’m glad it didnt happen on a trail.IMG_4369.jpeg

Last edited:

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I have AEV's 2.5" lift with Geo brackets and 285/75s on stock Rubicon wheels with 1" spacers and all is well.

It's truly a great set up. Before and after geo brackets was night and day. Small road imperfections that used to jar are now back to just being bumps.

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
I’m just about to do an install on this same kit on my 18 jku, I order it with the correction brackets.
the only thing I added that was not AEV was an old man emu steering stabilizer and the flip bracket to rase it up out of the way.
prior to about a month ago I was running 255/85r17 mickey Thompson baja boss ATS with no rub on anything with a simple spacer lift On stock wheels, they came out to a 34.5x10.5 if that helps.
it is an awesome size tire and actually taller than The Toyo AT3 in 35x11.5. I have run both and currently the 255/85-17 is my favorite tire.

jadmt

ignore button user
I would prefer the MT Baja Boss 255, but the price is nuts.
buy once cry once. I have zero regrets spending the money for them. amazingly quiet and smooth and handles crazy good on pavement. headed to Moab in 3 weeks.
IMG_5998.jpg

ZONE ZERO

buy once cry once. I have zero regrets spending the money for them. amazingly quiet and smooth and handles crazy good on pavement. headed to Moab in 3 weeks.
View attachment 834391
So I’ll give you a fair warning on these tires and why I switched back to a bfg AT KO2
I BARELY got 15k miles out of them.
my jeep's not to heavy.
I do have an arb bull bar and winch and a full size spare but that’s it.
I rotated them every 2k miles because they started cupping right away, I contacted the company with no luck. I ran them at 30 psi to get the contact patch right. I had them rebalanced 3 times. I understand they are a hybrid tire but for the price I paid I expected a lot more out of them. A few things I noticed, they were close to as bad if not worse than my super swampers in wet weather and even in light snow.
The swampers were at least predictable . I never knew what I was going to get with the MICKEYS it seemed they acted different depending on temperature payment type and road conditions but they never had a consistent profile. So judging distance or speed was just a crap shoot.
lm an example of 1, so take that for what it is.
I live in the north east and we get weather and trail conditions that are all over the place so tire choice is a big deal I would not buy them again
I wish other companies would get on board with that size I think it’s perfect for a wrangler.

jadmt

ignore button user
So I’ll give you a fair warning on these tires and why I switched back to a bfg AT KO2
I BARELY got 15k miles out of them.
my jeep's not to heavy.
I do have an arb bull bar and winch and a full size spare but that’s it.
I rotated them every 2k miles because they started cupping right away, I contacted the company with no luck. I ran them at 30 psi to get the contact patch right. I had them rebalanced 3 times. I understand they are a hybrid tire but for the price I paid I expected a lot more out of them. A few things I noticed, they were close to as bad if not worse than my super swampers in wet weather and even in light snow.
The swampers were at least predictable . I never knew what I was going to get with the MICKEYS it seemed they acted different depending on temperature payment type and road conditions but they never had a consistent profile. So judging distance or speed was just a crap shoot.
lm an example of 1, so take that for what it is.
I live in the north east and we get weather and trail conditions that are all over the place so tire choice is a big deal I would not buy them again
I wish other companies would get on board with that size I think it’s perfect for a wrangler.
That would be a disappoint for sure. I have ~3000 miles and also run 28-30 psi and they look like they could be sold as new tires. I normally rotate my tires at 3000 miles and decided to wait a bit as there is no wear yet. Mine have done really well on snow and ice (Montana weather so really varied). Hopefully I have better luck than you did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78